MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to sbrook

MVM

to sbrook

Re: "Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says&qu

said by sbrook:

Basically, when you get to their size with a monopolistic position, they don't care.

In what conceivable way is Rogers Wireless a monopoly? There are 6 independent companies providing service on 5 different cell networks in Toronto alone, and Rogers Wireless only had a national marketshare of roughly one third in 4Q11, and I suspect that's falling as the new entrants grow and spread to new markets.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

+1

I was just talking long distance rates in another thread. What long distance destinations are you calling?

Besides Videotron and Public there are no proper new entrants in Quebec.

But for unlimited airtime voice only use Koodo has amazing rates: »help.koodomobile.com/cov ··· distance

For the countries we need long distance rates are cheaper than Wind and cheaper than most voip I have looked at. I have been searching for something like this for a few days now because my brother is moving to Montreal at the end of this summer and will need home coverage in 2 provinces and needs reasonably priced outgoing voice access to Italy, France, and Poland. He should definitely save a lot of $$ with this versus undependable calling cards or VoIP.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to Guspaz

Mod

to Guspaz
Guspaz ... certainly in the wireless market you're right ... but the reality is that by sheer size they behave as if they are a monopoly. After all they could do what Bell does and buy up the competition ... like Bell bought Virgin. When the other carriers become too much of a thorn in their side, they'll try that game.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

IMO more people should make Robbers feel like there is a thorn in their side. What have they done for you lately? When it comes to Bell or Rogers most people would probably say not much.

There's no reason to stay with power tripping companies that treat you like a door rug.

Go to whatever competition has the best value, even if it's a sub-brand. At least you keep some change in your pocket.