share rss forum feed

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5

2 recommendations

[request] IPv6 enabled, when? (version 2)

edit: oooookkkk, this is what I get for not even scrolling down through the list of threads in this forum - but I did search for IPv6 and I really only found replies to my last thread.

Please ignore if you like!

----

Its been a little short of 2 years since I posted my first thread about this topic, and with World IPv6 launch day literally knocking on our doors I thought I might throw this out to the wind (and see what flies back in my face) again.

Links:

»[request] IPv6 enabled, when?
»www.worldipv6day.org/

Primarily my interest is when dslreports.com will be IPv6 enabled. Im very keen to see as much content as possible available over IPv6, and dslr is easily one of my most visited sites on the Internet, and I very much enjoy being a member here and helping out in my little corners - not that a lack of IPv6 would change that though, it would just be that much more awesome.

Maybe it would be interesting to see how some peoples opinions have changed since the last thread?

Maybe it will be really interesting to see what dslr has to say.

Having said that, I realise that dslr just came out of a very serious failure, so I fully appreciate that any efforts to enable IPv6 have probably been put on the back burner for now while the sites reliability is sured up.

Anyhow, let the conversation begin.

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Re: IPv6 enabled, when? (version 2)

So with AT&T doing CGN, it's going to be mighty hard to ban users if they're all sharing the same IP.

If Justin is going to move to a cloud platform as he hinted to during the raid failure, he should make IPv6 support a mandatory requirement when choosing a provider.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TomS_

I opened a similar thread a year ago..

»[request] IPv6 enabled DSLR

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5

Yeah I saw yours after I posted mine. Theres also another one that I found, all by scrolling down.

Damn search function, thought it would have shown me the others that had already been created. :-P

Clever_Proxy
Premium
join:2004-05-14
Villa Park, IL
reply to TomS_

*SIGN*