Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to mariospants

MVM

to mariospants

Re: [Internet] BELL Sagecom Fibe 25 modem... can it be Repeated?

Wireless to wireless repeating is very low bandwidth compared to connecting the second device to a Gigabit port and running Cat 6 to your repeater...the available bandwidth with a "wired' connection would therefore be much more advisable.
mariospants
join:2012-06-05

mariospants

agreed; I hear that it drops by 50% between repeats. I'll hook it up directly and see if the repeater has better coverage than this - so far disappointing - sagecom

jsmaster
join:2008-03-16
Montreal, QC

jsmaster

try another channel bandwith. I was on 20 mhz. changed it for 40 mhz and solved the issues
cloud8521
join:2009-03-19
Scarborough, ON

cloud8521 to Glen1

to Glen1
5e wold work just as well
mariospants

mariospants

Well, I tried it and it didn't help matters much... was the 2-wire at 10/10 power so much better a product??? I don't understand why the repeater could not repeat or universal repeat the signal... what's the point of all of this wireless technology if I can't extend the signal wirelessly?

I guess maybe I should try a different tack and start a thread inquiring: what's the best method for extending or improving the range of a Sagecom...

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Get a wireless router that support Tomato or DD-WRT and use the Sagemcom in bridge mode. Personally I would never use the router in a modem/router combo unit as they're generally pretty bad.
mariospants

mariospants

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but I didn't see the bridge mode exposed in the Bell admin interface for the sagecom... has anybody successfully bridged this bad daddy?

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by mariospants:

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but I didn't see the bridge mode exposed in the Bell admin interface for the sagecom... has anybody successfully bridged this bad daddy?

To put the Sagemcom into bridge mode you just need to remove the PPPoE login details from it and than connect a router to port 1 and use that to establish a PPPoE connection.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

said by JC_:

said by mariospants:

To put the Sagemcom into bridge mode you just need to remove the PPPoE login details from it and than connect a router to port 1 and use that to establish a PPPoE connection.

no need to remove them. just plug the router and have it initiate the pppoe connection.
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd to JC_

to JC_
and it doesn't need to be port 1

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by zorxd:

and it doesn't need to be port 1

Good to know, I'm a cable user so bridging a cable modem requires using port 1.
mariospants

mariospants to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT
OK, that's actually what I was doing - and discovered that my repeater wasn't broadcasting any better than the sagecom (and still worse than the 2-wire, which is turning out to actually have been a half-decent wifi device).