All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
balur
join:2010-04-28

balur to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

Re: "Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says&qu

PX Eliezer, your taking it to an extreme, I was only trying to present an example of call center mentality.

Of course its the company's responsibility to monitor and supervise agents but sometimes mistakes happen, and if it was blatantly stated yes we'd try to do everything we could to accommodate, but it doesn't always work out that way due to high costs involved.

In the past I've had a case where a free rental modem / router broke. Without calling support they went out and purchased a retail kit. The customer then called up demanding a refund for the cost of the modem... without properly understanding the situation the agent thought they were asking for a refund of a modem purchased through us and agreed. However were not going to eat a few hundred dollars cost of retail kit, when no troubleshooting was done on our kit, and sending a replacement free rental out would have been far cheaper.

Mistakes happen. Not saying the poster is wrong, just trying to give context regarding the call center environment.

rogerssmoger, That's a far better call recording system then I've ever gotten to use, best I've had is time estimate and then pull agent calls from that day and listen until I find the right one. Ugh painful. I hadn't even considered that nor have I come across it (that I know of, maybe I was fooled lol), policy makes sense.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by balur:

In the past I've had a case where a free rental modem / router broke. Without calling support they went out and purchased a retail kit. The customer then called up demanding a refund for the cost of the modem... without properly understanding the situation the agent thought they were asking for a refund of a modem purchased through us and agreed. However were not going to eat a few hundred dollars cost of retail kit, when no troubleshooting was done on our kit, and sending a replacement free rental out would have been far cheaper.

In that case, I would agree with the company 100 percent.

But I think that's a very different situation....