uniqs
share rss forum feed

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
reply to superdog

Re: ARCFlex FreeStation

Funny...the data sheet has plenty of antena/radio info, but no information on how much horsepower the unit has. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's a 400MHz MIPS CPU, similar to M-series Ubnt stuff, but I could be very wrong.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

said by iansltx:

Funny...the data sheet has plenty of antena/radio info, but no information on how much horsepower the unit has. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's a 400MHz MIPS CPU, similar to M-series Ubnt stuff, but I could be very wrong.

Yes probably a 300 or 400mhz SoC from Atheros.

Edit. actually appears to be a 300mhz Ralink SoC
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

300 or 384? I've owned a couple WiFi routers (Engenius ESR9850, Encore EHNWI-2AN3) that had the 384MHz part on-board and they seemed to perform well enough. The Engenius part could actually hit 600+ Mbps in routing throughput, according to SmallNetBuilder. So if Arc has that CPU inside the ARCFlex it should be decent throughput-wise.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

said by iansltx:

300 or 384? I've owned a couple WiFi routers (Engenius ESR9850, Encore EHNWI-2AN3) that had the 384MHz part on-board and they seemed to perform well enough. The Engenius part could actually hit 600+ Mbps in routing throughput, according to SmallNetBuilder. So if Arc has that CPU inside the ARCFlex it should be decent throughput-wise.

Appears to be at 384mhz actually.

»www.tracermcc.ru/foto/bender/RT3···0902.pdf
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA
reply to superdog

Just an FYI gang, this is the Freestation 5 we are discussing, NOT the Freestation 2. I will get to those soon.
--
»www.wavecrazy.net

danry25
Premium
join:2008-05-21
Seattle, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Superdog, did you ever get that FreeStation 2? I've been wrangling with a friend of mine who bought one over in Maryland, he is attempting to get OpenWRT installed & it is being a pain. The wiki makes it look so simple...