spc
uniqs
Melissa2009B
join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B to NetFixer

to NetFixer

Re: [Speed] May have to switch to Comcast

Yeah, because I am. Why would I pay more, when we have a tiny part time home business and are barely paying the bills. You sound so elitist. Should I have to pay double, not to have to wait on hold for 20 minutes? COME ON.

Thinking of this, you know who has really good service? HostGator. When I was using Wordpress and needed them as a host, I was paying less than $5 a month, and if I needed support, they were THERE! Amazing!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Melissa2009B:

Yeah, because I am.

Just remember, you said that, not me.
said by Melissa2009B:

Why would I pay more, when we have a tiny part time home business and are barely paying the bills. You sound so elitist. Should I have to pay double, not to have to wait on hold for 20 minutes? COME ON.

The price for business class 12/2 service is not double the price for residential class 12/2 service (and I seem to recall that you chose the 12/2 plan). In my area (and I suspect in most areas), residential Performance service is $48.95 per month (and that is only if you are already a Comcast TV or Digital Voice customer), and Business Class Starter service is $59.95 per month (and it does not require that you have Comcast TV or Digital Voice service for that price). You might find a special temporary time period discount for residential service, but I tend to ignore such temporary discounts and look at the long view.

In the end, even if business class service were double the price, it is up to you to decide what your time is worth (and how irritated you will be with less than business class customer service).
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by NetFixer:

said by Melissa2009B:

Why would I pay more, when we have a tiny part time home business and are barely paying the bills. You sound so elitist. Should I have to pay double, not to have to wait on hold for 20 minutes? COME ON.

The price for business class 12/2 service is not double the price for residential class 12/2 service (and I seem to recall that you chose the 12/2 plan). In my area (and I suspect in most areas), residential Performance service is $48.95 per month (and that is only if you are already a Comcast TV or Digital Voice customer), and Business Class Starter service is $59.95 per month (and it does not require that you have Comcast TV or Digital Voice service for that price). You might find a special temporary time period discount for residential service, but I tend to ignore such temporary discounts and look at the long view.

In the end, even if business class service were double the price, it is up to you to decide what your time is worth (and how irritated you will be with less than business class customer service).

+1

to the OP:

I justified getting Biz class since I don't have cable or satellite tv. So in place of not having those, I needed uptime for internet so I can stream and made sure kids can do whatever they want online. Not to mention the price difference was only $5 to $10. Well worth my time and hassle than waiting and pulling my hair over it....

With your resi connection and your streaming habits, you need to watch your usage as you may go over it.
said by Melissa2009B:

I just tried chat with tech support. Some moron spouted a few platitudes about how it was nice to be chatting with me today, then no response at all, to my issue. I had to close the window and rate them the worst. Then I tried calling for support and they said the hold time will be 18 minutes. This is abysmal!

and I don't have hold times longer than 2 to 5 mins, get notified when it's down and have 4 hours window to get me back up in case of downtime, while the rest of my neighbors wait for 1 to 2 days.