All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
spunky2008
join:2007-07-19
San Diego, CA

spunky2008 to DaveSin

to DaveSin

Re: Has anyone successfully used simonics.com/gvgw/ on SPA2102?

Thanks all for the replies! Finally I get it working...

First I checked the Simonics blog as mentioned above and it suggests to have a "factory reset" before putting in all info given by the gateway. So I have tried to follow this instruction which gave me real trouble - because what I have is SPA2102-R and it should NEVER do "factory reset" because it will try to load the default configured by Sunrocket (our old friend ) and even do provision provided by them. I lost control of configuration after the factory reset.

Fortunately I googled and find several methods to unlock my SPA2102. It turns out that only one of them worked by burning a CD and follow the instruction.
After doing that, I put the proxy, User ID, Auth ID, password in and it works like a charm...I am very happy to have free USA/CA incoming/outgoing calling provided by GV and simonics gateway now!
JTS33
join:2003-05-03
USA

JTS33

I use them even though I already have an Obi110 Google Voice gateway because Simonics provides incoming CNAM, which GV doesn't.

scow
@optonline.net

scow to spunky2008

Anon

to spunky2008
SPA2102 failed on line2 (line 1 is working with CC), however, use the same informations config app acrobits on iphone and ipad2 are successe,incoming and outgoing calls are good,may be hardware not compatible,

DogFace056
join:2005-12-09
Cary, NC

DogFace056

Make sure to disable "Use DNS SRV" on line2.

scow
@optonline.net

scow

Anon

wow!!!!! works!!!!!!!!!!! great thanks to Dogface05 !!!!!!!!!!!