spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mahohmei

join:2008-10-29

[Rant] I just want a channel lineup!

OK, I want something seemingly simple from Comcast's website, but I seem to be unable to find it:

I have Digital Preferred in Tallahassee. I want an up-to-date list of every channel number available to me, and only the channel numbers available to me.

Is this so hard? Seems to be. No, I don't want a TV guide. I want a list that I can print as a PDF, or copy and paste into a database application so I can make a neat printable list for the coffee table. I'd rather not thumb through every single channel and write it down manually.

The printed list they gave me at the Comcast office when I picked up my CableCARD? Outdated.

Thanks

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

You should be able to view your channel lineup here »www.comcast.com/localization/loc···eup.ashx , with the availability of each channel by tier indicated.

mahohmei

I already saw that. I want a channel lineup that includes channel numbers.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

The list I get for my area has the Channel Number in the first column.

mahohmei

»mahohmei.com/lineup.jpg

Apparently...not the case for my market. :-/

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

Click for full size
Here is what I get.

It says for yours that "we were unable to retrieve your specific area." I guess that's why.

Master Wolfe

join:2009-04-04
Panama City Beach, FL
reply to mahohmei

I believe Panama City/ PCB is on the Tallahassee system, and I've NEVER been able to get a channel listing.

mahohmei

Well, I guess it's time to get out the clipboard and spend some quality time with the TV flipping through all channels. :-(

With a TiVo Premiere, does anyone happen to know if it's possible to tell it to list all channels for which you are authorized?

Master Wolfe

Panama City Beach, FL

In the settings menu, under either channels or cable card, you can view signal strength, and seems there is another way in that same area. Our market is in the process of adding channels over the summer, and as you know, Tivo's channel map is rarely up to date.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to mahohmei

call the 1-800 numbrer or post in comcast direct and see if they can send you an updated lineup

Master Wolfe

Panama City Beach, FL
reply to Master Wolfe

said by Master Wolfe:

In the settings menu, under either channels or cable card, you can view signal strength, and seems there is another way in that same area. Our market is in the process of adding channels over the summer, and as you know, Tivo's channel map is rarely up to date.

To clarify, as you page through to view signal strength, it will only show channels on your cable card's channel map.

Dee_T

@comcast.net
reply to mahohmei

I believe you have to go down the list and select/de-select the channels.
I really need to do that for the Spanish language channels. It keeps picking up American scifi movies in Spanish.

dplantz

join:2000-08-02
Roslindale, MA

Go to your local Comcast office, they should have printed channel lists you can pickup for free

goldy

join:2000-11-14
Augusta, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to telcodad

My list hasn't been correct in a year. several missing channels like 250 a&e, science channel 110 not available while 222 science hd is.
--
Never chase a dragon with a butterfly net. It annoys the dragon and will probably get you burnt!

hgfgfjyff

@ubiquityservers.com
reply to mahohmei

What about »www.titantv.com/ ?

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA
reply to mahohmei

You could try Zap2it all you need is your zip code and choose either Cable or Digital.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to goldy

said by goldy:

My list hasn't been correct in a year. several missing channels like 250 a&e, science channel 110 not available while 222 science hd is.

You can inform TiVo of problems in the channel lineup that TiVo presents:

»www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/con···ool.html