join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

3 edits

1 recommendation

skeechan to Gbcue

Premium Member

to Gbcue

Re: Oh well

Where do you think the "needed" money is going? Certainly not for better "services" for the citizens of Seattle. And yeah, California is a disaster too, for the exact same reason.

Too bad the citizens of Seattle don't have the same rights to reform the system that those in San Jose (in Santa Clara County) do, and did yesterday by more than 2 to 1. A similar measure passed overwhelmingly in San Diego as well. The taxpayers have had enough of endlessly surrendering services and facing endless tax increases to fund public sector union largess.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

2 edits

Terabit

People would have to be crazy to take up any government position in 2012, as the GOP establishment has made them the scapegoat of America's ails.

Rather than ask for industrialized world benefits from the private sector, Republicans actually want everyone to be reduced to Walmart wages too.

It's mindbogglingly and unprecedented in human history, that the GOP base is the only group of people on the planet that want less for everyone but the 1%.

Then again, Republicans like yourself have no problem whatsoever using illegal aliens to save a dime or profiteering off war, corruption, and oil money. After all, it's you who employees the majority of illegal aliens - not Google or Apple.

Republicans who live in liberal states are the worst of them all, as to you it's all about your bottom line, which is always given priority over America's prosperity.

BTW, Instead of being hypocritical and enjoying the perks of Democratic states, how about you leave 'liberal' California and move to Republicuuun country like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and so forth.
FloridaBoy
join:2009-06-22
Bradenton, FL

FloridaBoy

American consumers have the ballbat in hand to make corporations listen. Use your wallet. If they are greedy, then kick them in the nads for it while rewarding those companies that deserve it.

Controlling 70 percent of a 14 trillion dollar economy is a big enough club to get companies doing what you want without waiting for any laws or reforms.
Terabit

1 recommendation

Terabit

100% agree. Now for the hard part, trying to educate the average American about this power.

This freedom to choose is also why the plutocrats and Koch types have a real disdain for government.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

3 edits

skeechan

Premium Member

Oh no, they're plenty educated. Even us silly folks on the left coast, both Dummycrats and Republitards have figured out the current government overspending is unsustainable and fleecing business isn't the solution.
FloridaBoy
Bradenton, FL

FloridaBoy to Terabit

to Terabit
I wish I had faith that would happen but I am not going to hold my breath.

There are a lot of smart guys with good info on this site but how many complain about data prices and other problems but still send in their checks every month to the same companies they complain about?

Of course, consumers also have a small part in this in their race for cheap too.
Terabit

Terabit to skeechan

to skeechan
California's problems have more to do with across the board under-taxation in various areas, the massive drain of illegal aliens and anchor babies, and the huge issue with crime. Now add in the tens of billions remitted abroad by these workers, that have no long-term vested interest in the place.

People in other states purchase billions of dollars of goods from CA and do not pay a dime in tax. Implement a federal GST and this problem is solved overnight, with the appropriate funds redistributed back to CA. It also close numerous black and grey market loopholes.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

1 edit

skeechan

Premium Member

There is no under-taxation going on in California and giving more money to a government that is completely out of control and rampant with fraud, waste and corruptions is not the solution to any problem.

Government doesn't have a revenue problem. It has a beyond horrible spending problem. Government at all levels is a virus that must be contained for the host, as in the people, to prosper. Without containment we clearly see it grows like a tumor until it finally kills the host.

Liberal hypocrites should stop expecting everyone else to pay for their stuff and stop blaming everyone else for their problems and laziness. Maybe if they didn't waste 4 years in school getting a degree in Art History with a minor in Sanskit they would have a salable skill and wouldn't be blaming "The Man" for their situation.

Liberals can try raising my taxes but what will happen is I simply fire my employees and take my business and jobs to another state as so many other small businesses have. And you may say good but when the productive part of society is gone liberals will have no one one to pull the cart full of the unproductive citizens. Meanwhile they'll start with my taxes and finish with yours and when you start having to pay you will change your tune just like the liberals in San Jose did yesterday.

XANAVirus
Premium Member
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV

XANAVirus to FloridaBoy

Premium Member

to FloridaBoy
Voting with your wallet?
That never works.

Corporations will have other people who do buy from them, and no doubt always will have SOMEONE willing to do so.

No matter how much you 'vote' with your wallet, do you expect it will really make a difference?

There's the people who pay and the people who won't pay, and there are no traces of individuality.

Saying that you or I should vote with our wallets only means that either we will find a competitor or will do without, will not mean that the corporations will listen - they have others, they don't NEED you or me.

Just as people aren't required to buy from a certain place, and as you say can vote with our wallets, corporations are only in it to make profits, it doesn't mean that it's your money or my money that will be their profit.
FloridaBoy
Bradenton, FL

FloridaBoy

XANA, I agree with you to a certain extent. Individually, no they probablt would not know. However, if you get serious numbers doing it, then I would think they would pay attention.

If every Corporation is greedy and concerned about stock price, then any serious loss of revenue will impact them severely. Especially ones with a serious CAPEX budget.

John moser
@embarqhsd.net

John moser to Terabit

Anon

to Terabit
The "perks" of Democrat states? We sure do love those multi-billion dollar deficits, don't we? Gotta love the crime, too. BTW, the term is employ, not "employees". I guess Democrat run public school systems are a "perk" too.
« Well, that's disappointing
This is a sub-selection from Oh well