how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Global Fiber

@deltacom.net
reply to Netkeys

Re: T1 and extended area power outages

Right you are - you will indeed lose power on a T-1. They are connected to a "smartjack" and everytime you lose power they go offline. Most companies choose to retain a pots line or two as backup to make E911 calls on or whatever, but in power outages they will indeed be down.
As a former BellSouth & AT&T employee and current AT&T contractor, let me know if you want to compare cost structure I can negotiate with AT&T for a POTS migration to IP Flex Reach service - the experience of the switch is often only as good as the AT&T contact conducting the provisioning process - AT&T employees are often too busy trying to make a sale and hit their quota to pay attention through the provisioning process and prevent serious issues with such migrations. There is no charge for my assistance - I am paid by AT&T directly for conducting its business as an independent contractor. Contact me if I can help you - steve@globalfiberanddata.com or cell while I am travelling today at 256-486-1988

techguy2012

join:2012-05-17
Mundelein, IL
said by Global Fiber :

I can negotiate with AT&T for a POTS migration to IP Flex Reach

How is that going to help the OP?

Global Fiber

@deltacom.net
by negotiating better rates for a T-1 service Net Keys may decide to move to, Net Keys can possibly get a better price point to help afford the steep cost differential between DSL and T-1. The decision to choose a T-1 is in his hands and at this point has nothing to do with power outages since he has already been informed there will be no significant difference in power related uptime.
Expand your moderator at work