uniqs
share rss forum feed

loveageek
Premium
join:2009-07-10
Oregon City, OR
reply to HR

Re: [Speed] Own Extreme 50, why does Comcast want $250 to "

Can't they do MOST of this remotely? when I call for support they always are muttering "ur signals look fine".

HR

@comcast.net
Thank you all for contributing....I'm still deciding if I want to bother with this or not.

I also can't buy the argument that this is to prevent people from 'trying out' the speed and then getting rid of it......there's a 12 month contract required and a fee that will hit you if you try to break the contract early, so that doesn't explain the 250.

If it means a tech has to stop what he's doing and investigate that speed their immediately however.....if the 105 isn't up to snuff...that is sort of another story, that is like "Priority Service" in a sense. But if you have 105 and service is flaky and you still need to wait 12 days for a truck to get sent out...well.

Still hemming and hawing.....

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to loveageek
said by loveageek:

Can't they do MOST of this remotely? when I call for support they always are muttering "ur signals look fine".

yes and no....while you can take a snapshot of whats going on, its doesnt tell the whole picture....signal levels can be fine, but there can be a ton of ingress (interference) coming from a house causing connectivity issues for that house, and/or the whole node...so a tech msut physically disconnect the house and verify whats coming out of that location.

CAEs dont have access to the full range of tools that technicians do, only the basics.
--
I'm better than you!