join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to mariospants

Re: [Internet] BELL Sagecom Fibe 25 modem... can it be Repeated?

said by mariospants:

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but I didn't see the bridge mode exposed in the Bell admin interface for the sagecom... has anybody successfully bridged this bad daddy?

To put the Sagemcom into bridge mode you just need to remove the PPPoE login details from it and than connect a router to port 1 and use that to establish a PPPoE connection.

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
said by JCohen:

said by mariospants:

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but I didn't see the bridge mode exposed in the Bell admin interface for the sagecom... has anybody successfully bridged this bad daddy?

To put the Sagemcom into bridge mode you just need to remove the PPPoE login details from it and than connect a router to port 1 and use that to establish a PPPoE connection.

no need to remove them. just plug the router and have it initiate the pppoe connection.
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

zorxd

join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC
reply to JCohen
and it doesn't need to be port 1

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by zorxd:

and it doesn't need to be port 1

Good to know, I'm a cable user so bridging a cable modem requires using port 1.

mariospants

join:2012-06-05
reply to Frank_IT
OK, that's actually what I was doing - and discovered that my repeater wasn't broadcasting any better than the sagecom (and still worse than the 2-wire, which is turning out to actually have been a half-decent wifi device).