Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV
·StarLink
·HughesNet

DataDoc

Premium Member

I'm looking for a page/website generator

that can create a page that presents contents of a database, allows the users to change and save values of the fields. It needs to run on a Godaddy Windows website (it's what I have, please let's not debate the hosting).

Any suggestions?

I have programming experience, but in obsolete languages, but learn quickly.

PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN

Premium Member

Just use of the available PHP frameworks and create your own page.

Using any of the avialable CMS wont do it for you are you want something else.

CakePHP, Synfony 2.0, CodeIgniter and Zend are some of the most popular. They support many databases so you can choose whatever you want.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to DataDoc

MVM

to DataDoc
Why don't you use Godaddy's database manager? It's not the greatest, but it's usable.

It's been a few years since I looked, but I've previously looked for just the type of application you mentioned and never found anything of decent enough quality that I would consider relying on it in a production environment. An added kicker is that Godaddy restricts their .net plans so much that serveral of them that I looked at would not operate at the minimal level of trust that Godaddy grants .net applications.

You might be able to run a version of PHPMyAdmin if your windows hosting also includes PHP and you don't mind your database being MySql instead of MSSQL. I forget if GoDaddy's is like that or not.
b_p_smith
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON

b_p_smith to DataDoc

Premium Member

to DataDoc
You may want to read up on Microsoft Lightswitch. I've only dabbled with it briefly, but it's supposed to do what you want. And I'm sure you'll be able to use it on your GoDaddy site.

Brad.