Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

steve2850
Premium
join:2004-02-13
Seattle, WA

[E-mail] Select Address box

Trying to figure out how to edit the Select Address box (the one that pops up when you click on To). There's an address that always appears on top that I'd like to get rid of, lots of duplicates, etc. Any ideas? Thanks!

...Steve

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

Can you explain a bit further as to what we're dealing with here?

steve2850
Premium
Seattle, WA

Comcast webmail > Compose new message > Left-click on To > Select Addresses

How do I edit, delete, or sort the addresses that appear in the Select Address popup box?

Thanks!

Markart

join:2012-05-24
reply to steve2850

When you hover the cursor over the entry that you want to edit, a view and edit link will become visible. Click on the edit link and save after editing. To delete a contact or multiple contacts check the boxes on left of the contact and when the option appears on toolbar, click delete. I hope that I'm of help.

steve2850
Premium
Seattle, WA

said by Markart:

When you hover the cursor over the entry that you want to edit, a view and edit link will become visible.

I think you're referring to the Address Book? My problem is with the Select Address dialog box that pops up when you click on To. There's no Edit link in that dialog box, at least not that I've discovered...

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

Those suggestions all come from addresses in your address book.
Any you no longer use/don't want you need to find and delete them from the address book.

steve2850
Premium
Seattle, WA

The suggestions in the Select Address box include lots of duplicates that aren't in the address book. And they're not in the same order. I guess there's no way to change that?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

I don't actually use the CC mail, except to forward offical CC communications, and as a second address on a few IMPORTANT (to me) contact lists, so my only entries in the address book are to 2 of my other email account providers.
So I can't reproduce exact what you are seeing, but I do understand how its supposed to work, and I do get a yellow autocomplete box if I type a letter or two of one of the outbound addy's
Is that what you are seeing? (more or less, you will have additional addreesses shown