how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB

[AB] Shaw Business Maintenance

Anyone else besides myself and a few clients in Red Deer notice their business internet drop at roughly 11:40PM MDT? Called in and there was apparently a planned maintenance from midnight till 6am this morning. I never received anything on this and was curious if there's something Shaw could do for business customers regarding outages. Residential I wouldn't think is nearly as important, but some business accounts do large scale remote backups nightly, and without this notice one of our clients backups didn't work last night. Not angry by any means, just curious what Shaw Business could do to improve these planned outages.

ilianame

join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by rustydusty:

just curious what Shaw Business could do to improve these planned outages.

Build a time-viewer (like in Paycheck)...

See the difference between planned outages and the unplanned ones is that with planned ones there's a notice

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty

What notice?

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to rustydusty

They used to do notices on planned outages,

Then they stopped.

The only answer I received was Shaw found they had less calls during the outage, than before the outage asking what the outage was for type of questions.

-Posted from my phone.

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to rustydusty

Hmm - we should have definitely sent out a planned outage notice for this. I'll try and find out what happened.

FYI rusty - there's another planned maintenance June 14th from 12-6am in Red Deer.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2
reply to kevinds

It was my understanding that business customers should be given notice of planned events.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

It used to be common-place, than they stopped.

That was the answer I was given the last couple times I called during planned outages.

-Posted from my phone.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty

Sean, can you confirm the next outage is for business users only or is it residential and business? Really wish there was even just a page on Shaw's page showing planned/unplanned outages. Obviously a direct email would be even more ideal, but a webpage would suffice.

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12

said by rustydusty:

Sean, can you confirm the next outage is for business users only or is it residential and business? Really wish there was even just a page on Shaw's page showing planned/unplanned outages. Obviously a direct email would be even more ideal, but a webpage would suffice.

It'll be impacting both biz and residential customers. I hear ya with the outage page - hopefully something we'll be able to implement in the future.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty

Would this maintenance have anything to do with possibly BB250 here in RD?