MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to telco_mtl

Premium Member

to telco_mtl

Re: Basement renovation project

I've used this system in a couple of homes. No problems. As I recollect, it will install in floor slabs up to 6" thick (check installation instructions before you purchase if your floor slab is thicker than 4" - that's the typical basement floor thickness).

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

I'm all setup to work on my wall framing now (Basement cleaned up, proper tools in place, studs on the floor).

If I go with double sole plate, can I:

1 - Tapcon in one plate to set my line
2 - Then build a single sole plate frame
3 - Then put that frame over the anchored sole plate
4 - Screw/nail the two sole plate together

I imagine this would be a lot easier than trying to keep a double sole plate frame up AND aligned over a sill gasket while drilling tapcon anchors.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

That works too.

Just remember to measure each stud location individually before you cut them.. There is a 99.99% chance they all won't be the same length in an older home.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by MaynardKrebs:

That works too.

Just remember to measure each stud location individually before you cut them.. There is a 99.99% chance they all won't be the same length in an older home.

Already aware of a 1" difference 10 meters apart along a wall, which put me on gard. Though I didn't think of measure each stud location. Thanks for the heads up.

For connecting the tapcon'ed sole plate to the frame sole plate, can I use wood screws? I bought a box of 3 1/4" nails for my framing. I think they'll be slightly too long for the two sole plates.