uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sr Tech
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Valhalla, NY
kudos:1

Just canceled and had to pay an ETF?

I just ported my number to another service and had to pay an ETF, did not matter that I had been a customer since the company started. Simply BS!

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

"Note: An early termination fee will be applied to contract plans. The early termination fee is $99.00 or the balance for the remaining months of service left on the contract, whichever is less."

From »www.phonepower.com/wiki/How_Can_···rvice%3F

So I assume you were on a contract plan? If you are month to month there is no ETF. This is pretty much what "contract" means, for most services. Not "BS" to me.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

Sr Tech
Premium
Valhalla, NY

Then it should be stated or noted on the same page as where you sign up.

»www.phonepower.com/services/voip···?pid=128

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

2 edits

said by Sr Tech:

The only BS is that up think you could sign a contract w\lower monthly fee and not pay an ETF. Seriously, I'm sure you have had a cellphone with Verizon, AT&T, etc. you signed up for x amount of years and got a free or discounted phone. Did you ever try to back out without paying an ETF.

Terms of Service:
You must read and agree to the statement to the right to proceed with your Order
I agree that this online order will be considered a binding contract between xxx and Phone Power LLC and I agree to all the Terms and Conditions. If applicable, I am authorizing Phone Power LLC to transfer an existing number from my current provider.

This is the screen you get in stop 5 ^ just because you were to much in a rush to read does not mean you can use ignorance as an excuse.

Really; lets have our client sign a contract, give them a low rate by signing this contact, hope the stick around for the duration, if they don't no big deal, their word is good and hell just like laws there should be no repercussions for breaking the contact.

Was I speeding officer, I'm sorry that is BS I should not have a fine, that was not stated on the paperwork when I applied for my license!
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA
reply to Sr Tech

said by Sr Tech:

It is noted in the TOS you agree to when you sign up. I agree with topgun - I know of NO contract-based service without an ETF - I would be surprised if there weren't one. For anyone else reading along, note that the ETF does not apply if you cancel in the first 30 days.
--

Sr Tech
Premium
Valhalla, NY

1 edit

No worries here, Stopped payment via bank (dispute), filed BBB. There should be a warning posted on the main page. Like I said I had been a customer from almost day one. When I used to call I would speak directly wit the owner today you speak with some useless call taker who dosent give a s***. This is a land phone service not a cell service, no land line service I have ever dealt with charges an ETF. I'm not going to bicker, I was hoping someone from PP would have stepped in but as I see the company has grown to a point not to give a shit about keeping a customer or someone leaving. NP.

Anyway pp off the list, magicjack provides what I need for much less.

Expand your moderator at work

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA
reply to Sr Tech

Re: Just canceled and had to pay an ETF?

said by Sr Tech:

N This is a land phone service not a cell service, no land line service I have ever dealt with charges an ETF.

What did you think you were doing when you agreed to a contract with a term of service in exchange for a lower price, exactly?
--

topgun

Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

2 edits

said by JohnInSJ:

said by Sr Tech:

N This is a land phone service not a cell service, no land line service I have ever dealt with charges an ETF.

What did you think you were doing when you agreed to a contract with a term of service in exchange for a lower price, exactly?

Come'on my boy ^ we both know exactly what went on. He was well aware of what he was getting into, he is just pissed @ paying the ETF because he figured he would live out the term of the contract. Now he is just looking to justify the means.
--

sparkleclean

join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO
reply to Sr Tech

Funny, but ATT on their discounted POTS service to residential customers has an ETF - it is a discounted contract.

I dealt with one of the "useless call takers" on 6/7 and he gave a s*** - level 2 tech called back in 12 minutes and had a replacement ATA shipped in 2 hours.

Yep, Phone Power has grown and will continue to grow with customer service / tech support as I have experienced.

Have been customer since '08 and just renewed + have 2nd account for our house # - no more ATT.

topgun

Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

said by sparkleclean:

Funny, but ATT on their discounted POTS service to residential customers has an ETF - it is a discounted contract.

I dealt with one of the "useless call takers" on 6/7 and he gave a s*** - level 2 tech called back in 12 minutes and had a replacement ATA shipped in 2 hours.

Yep, Phone Power has grown and will continue to grow with customer service / tech support as I have experienced.

Have been customer since '08 and just renewed + have 2nd account for our house # - no more ATT.

That is awesome I have been a customer for about 4 years also. I think Sr. Tech is going to want to change his handle to something more fitting after he tries MagicCrap? Cheap ya pay cheap ya get »User reviews - magicjack.com
--

sparkleclean

join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO

Thanks - Having dealt with outstanding support, I couldn't resist.
I now have a Grandstream HT-502 and the new InnoMedia MTA6328-2Re running here so I can see first hand any difference.

Have been on VOIP for nearly 8 years [Sunrocket - Nuvio - PhonePower].

topgun

Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

I was told first hand the Innomedia had a bigger jitter buffer, it provisions faster, and makes it easier for support to pinhole into the ATA for support reasons. Switching from the HT-502 made my problems with being able to talk over a person clear up. Stick with the Innomedia!
--