Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JH28

@bankofamerica.com

Starz/Encore flexview

Saw an ad on the tv the other night that Verizon now offers Starz/Encore flexview on mobile devices. Is there an app I need to download for an android phone? (didn't see one)

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
Verizon Media Manager supports Starz/Encore Flexview streaming. Verizon MM is available in the Google Play Store.

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Mansfield, TX
reply to JH28
There is Encore EPIX has a website that allows you to use your VZ logon to see movies. There are iPad apps for HBOgo and SHO Anytime.

CrobertGauth

join:2007-12-15
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to nycdave
said by nycdave:

Verizon Media Manager supports Starz/Encore Flexview streaming. Verizon MM is available in the Google Play Store.

I would prefer a Roku channel and/or app for my Samsung TV instead of trying to watch a movie on my smart phone.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:4
reply to JH28
It looks like the Android app will not let you view Starz/Encore if your device is rooted, similar to Amazon streaming video, because of DRM restrictions. It won't let you "authorize" the device.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by PJL:

It looks like the Android app will not let you view Starz/Encore if your device is rooted, similar to Amazon streaming video, because of DRM restrictions.

Can't blame verizon for that as the MPAA agreement with providers requires it. Hollywood once again shows they would rather have people pirate their movies then pay for it.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to CrobertGauth
said by CrobertGauth:

said by nycdave:

I would prefer a Roku channel and/or app for my Samsung TV instead of trying to watch a movie on my smart phone.

Pretty sure there is (or will soon be) a FiOS Flex View app for Samsung Smart TV.