how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cseeman

join:2005-12-25
Brooklyn, NY
reply to andvari

Re: FiOS Updates Speed.. What will CV do to counter?

said by andvari:

It isn't so much the top tier speed that is lacking.

It's the lack of upload speed. I telecommute and 8 mbps is a PITA at times. The FIOS tier with 50/25 would be a real plus for me.

Come on CV, start doing some upstream upgrades.

I also telecommute and 8mbps can be very slow when I have to transfer a file that's over 10GB. Cablevision really has to consider that some of us are in the "content creation" field and offer a higher upload tier. A 50/50 service would make more sense to me than 101/15.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
reply to andvari

The upstream upgrade I am gathering are waiting for the full digital rollout. I am pretty sure the upstream channels are being taken by the analog tv channels.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Vonage
reply to subdivisions

Yes, I don't think we'll see much more upstream for a while. But if 8mbps is not enough, 15mbps is almost double and that is available now. Since they are not selling much 15mbps, they probably don't see a lot of pressure to offer more. Verizon only competes in a portion of their service area.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

andvari

join:2003-05-21
Freehold, NJ

The problem with the current Cablevision 15 up service is that it's $120 a month PLUS a $300 install fee. The 100 down is of no particular benefit to me because my workplace is less than 50 up.

There is no way I am buying that from Cablevision when I can get 25 up from FIOS and my entire bill including phone, internet and TV will be around 120/mo.

Cablevision needs to up their game on their Boost upload to be competitive for telecommuters.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2

That FIOS deal sounds much better than CV for your needs - that is why you have FIOS.