uniqs
share rss forum feed

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to 59998901

Re: [Money] how to make money in WOW?

Soloing MC is a great money maker between the loot drops and some of the mats that people pay big money for on the AH....well, relatively big money.

Even soloing the level 70 dungeons is fairly decent coin and doesn't take long if you are a decently geared 85. I also find disenchanted mats from the level 70s sell well, too.

Of course, I think the wow economy is pretty depressed right now since so many people have taken a break from playing and the current content has gotten stale. I expect that once MOP launches, people will be rolling pandas with various different professions and they'll need the vanilla, BC, LK and CAT mats to get to the MOP gear/enchants/whatever they want to make. I expect that the value of those older mats will greatly increase right after launch.

Of course, blizz may make it easier to get through the older profession grinds with CAT, so maybe things won't be in as much demand as I expect.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
kudos:1
reply to 59998901

I second the Undermine Journal. That, Auction Lite, and Market Watcher are my favorite addons for the AH.

I'm just a casual AH player but I rarely have less than 10K gold on my main and several K on each alt. I'm always able to buy gear, mounts, pets, and riding skills whenever I want.

I only do a few dailies (basically fishing and cooking) and farm an hour or so once a week on a couple toons for mats.

And this is on a low pop server with a lousy market.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

said by Goldheart:

And this is on a low pop server with a lousy market.

QFT, lol

Ohtsuki

@zen.co.uk

Buy Cataclysm greens for 25g to 50g (level 77 to 78) the relist from 200g to 500g depending on the item.
Opposite faction vanity pets from the Argent Tournament sell for 6k if you have access to 2 accounts.
Watch the auction house and learn what sells for what price i have in the past bought an orb of deception for 40g and resold it for 5000g but the best one ever was buying Savage Raptor Mount for 200g and reselling for 125000g on Alliance AH.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

or you can do like this jackass on Malfurion who lists vanilla greens for 700 or more, i am thinking its a bot or something cause he will have 12 items in almost every armour slot, all for 700g, im talking level 43 agi leather and the like, not blue items just plain old drops.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

said by cymraeg:

or you can do like this jackass on Malfurion who lists vanilla greens for 700 or more, i am thinking its a bot or something cause he will have 12 items in almost every armour slot, all for 700g, im talking level 43 agi leather and the like, not blue items just plain old drops.

There's a guy on Garona (won't list his name here) who does the same crap, though more with trade goods instead of gear. Offers copper ore for 999g per stack of 20, heavy leather for 300g apiece, runecloth for 500g per stack, et cetera. Just STUPIDLY high prices, for nearly every trade item imaginable. I'm also guessing it's a bot... and guessing that he must occasionally sell something, in order to make any profit.

Hazmat

join:2007-07-10
Laveen, AZ
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

Or, he could be just looking ahead to MoP going Live, and players wanting to equip their newborn panda monks with agility leather, bags, etc., Heirlooms are not available for every slot.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

could also be an attempt to throw off everyone's auctioning addons... throwing the "average" or "market" price figure higher.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Hazmat

i would agree Haz if it were just that type of armour but its in all styles and some weapons, either this person has all the time in the world for farming or theres more than one person playing the toon cause he has tonnes of listings
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

Jakiel00

join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX
reply to Caelharrad

said by Caelharrad:

said by cymraeg:

There's a guy on Garona (won't list his name here) who does the same crap, though more with trade goods instead of gear. Offers copper ore for 999g per stack of 20, heavy leather for 300g apiece, runecloth for 500g per stack, et cetera. Just STUPIDLY high prices, for nearly every trade item imaginable. I'm also guessing it's a bot... and guessing that he must occasionally sell something, in order to make any profit.

Gold Farmers would do this back in the day. If a person purchased gold from a website, the gold farmer would give that person items to list for ridiculous amount of gold. He would then log onto another toon and purchase the items for that amount, therefore giving the gold to the person who purchased it.

Not sure if they are doing it in this case, but this was a method back in the day.
--
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
- Henry Kissinger

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

Have you previewed the items he is listing? Some of the BOE greens that are world drops can be quite expensive due to demand from transmogging. There are a few people on my server who seem to specialize on these items. Since most people don't know what is in demand, they may list the green BOE item for 20 g and these people snap it up and sell for 500+
--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

shambulance

join:2012-05-11
Shawnee, KS

Its making it a pain to level enchanting. I do a search and any greens under 5 gold i snatch up just so i can de to level my enchanting. I had a guild bank with 4 tabs of greens and now down to 1 tab im stuck on arcane dust trying to level is a pain.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by shambulance:

Its making it a pain to level enchanting. I do a search and any greens under 5 gold i snatch up just so i can de to level my enchanting. I had a guild bank with 4 tabs of greens and now down to 1 tab im stuck on arcane dust trying to level is a pain.

Do you have a friend that's a tailor? When I got to the Arcane Dust level, I found farming the cloth and having a tailor make me low cloth requirement items to blow up was a LOT cheaper/faster.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

said by bpoff17:

Do you have a friend that's a tailor? When I got to the Arcane Dust level, I found farming the cloth and having a tailor make me low cloth requirement items to blow up was a LOT cheaper/faster.

I've found my crafting professions were a good source of enchanting mats. The trick is getting the biggest bang for the buck, least cost in mats to craft the item you're going to DE.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

shambulance

Shawnee, KS

Ya i de'd all my leatherworking gear. just dont have anything for me now though. guess i could drop skining and raise tailoring too. thanks

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

said by shambulance:

Ya i de'd all my leatherworking gear. just dont have anything for me now though. guess i could drop skining and raise tailoring too. thanks

I think tailoring is the only profession that doesn't give you shards after a short period. If you need shards the other professions will work.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

said by WoW Professions :

•Dusts usually come from green armor (75%) and weapons (20%)
•Essences usually come from green weapons (75%) and armor (20%)
•Shards come from blue equipment (97-100%), epic equipment iLevel 55 or less (100%, 2-4x), and rarely from uncommon equipment (3-5%)
•Crystals come from epic equipment item Level 56+ (100%) and extremely rarely from rare equipment (~0.5%)

I don't think the rates are different for each profession. It's hard to DE Blue gear that could potentially sell for a nice chunk of change on the AH. I wish they had the multiple point gains for skill points on complicated recipes back when I was leveling my enchanter.
--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

shambulance

Shawnee, KS
reply to 59998901

I used that wow proffesion leveling guide to level leatherworking and priced the blue pixel gear and the shards were still worth more than the gear. Cant wait till im done leveling then i will just ah everything unless i need for enchants.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to 59998901

AH (buy low sell high) is the best way to make gold. Tomorrow is the final day on my sub and all 650,000g is going to sit there in case I return.