uniqs
share rss forum feed

tony_s_fan

join:2011-04-03
Putnam, CT
reply to ptrowski

Re: Sick of the Slow Speeds

said by ptrowski:

My 6120 died yesterday, so I went to Staples. They had the Zoom and I almost bought it until I called Metrocast. The tech support person did not recommend it.

Even back in the old BBS days of the 80's and 90's, ZOOM had a CRAPPY rep for modems. Nice to see they still carry that rep!

Nyteroad

join:2009-09-15
Sterling, CT

I pay for the "gamer Package" and this is the garbage i put up with all the time...

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

With a ping of 144ms, I would try a different server first.

I would try Boston > Towerstream, as that is a decent server speed/ping wise.

Nyteroad

Sterling, CT
reply to rkpetros

The server im testing my speed on still doesn't have anything to do with the fact it takes 3 hours to DL a 1 gig game from Steam....all while talking to a friend of mine who pulls it down in 15 mins on Comcast..

The service has been off and on since we bought the house 2 years ago some days its fine while other days you cant even use the internet.

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to rkpetros

This month marks my 23rd year with metorcast/eastern. I have only had had HSI for 12 of those years mainly as it was not offered until then. In any case I have all ways had great response to any issues I have had including with in the last year having the cable replaced to my house a 150' underground run and a reworking of all my inside wiring to fix network issues I was having.

So keep on them I did and it worked for me.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to Nyteroad

said by Nyteroad:

The server im testing my speed on still doesn't have anything to do with the fact it takes 3 hours to DL a 1 gig game from Steam....all while talking to a friend of mine who pulls it down in 15 mins on Comcast..

The service has been off and on since we bought the house 2 years ago some days its fine while other days you cant even use the internet.

What type of modem etc are you using?
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL
reply to Nyteroad

Well, with a ping of 144 to massachusetts, and only a 1.26mb upload, it almost looks like something is hogging your upload.

What are your tests during non-peak time?

Edit: I just got a 105ping to the Oxford, MA server, but only 26 to Boston/Towerstream.....just FWIW.
--
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Disclaimer: These are MY comments, my employer cant be held responsible.

Nyteroad

Sterling, CT
reply to rkpetros

Sorry guys work has been crazy have not had time to check back... my router that im using from metrocast is a Arris model TM602G its for my internet and phone i believe.

Here is my speeds tonight not as bad but still way below what i pay for not sure if its normal or not..this one is from towerstream in boston.

Nyteroad

Sterling, CT
reply to rkpetros

and this is a few hours later...

same boston server

Nyteroad

Sterling, CT

bump

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

1 edit

said by Nyteroad:

bump

When the techs come out they don't find any issues, signal levels look good etc?

What do you get when you try »speedtest.metrocast.net/

Nyteroad

Sterling, CT

techs have not come out in a long time got fed up with calling and complaining and getting no where im to the point now where i am just waiting for something else to come along...i know thats not happening anytime soon so i just suck it up

jsz0
Premium
join:2008-01-23
Jewett City, CT

said by Nyteroad:

Can you PM me your modem MAC?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

Jsz0 hat was the test site that tested internal to the Metrocast network? Was it Metrocast.speedtest.net ?

jsz0
Premium
Jewett City, CT
reply to rkpetros

»speedtest.ct.metrocast.net for CT.

Nyteroad

Sterling, CT

here is tonights speed

Where do i find my Modem Mac?

jsz0
Premium
Jewett City, CT

It's printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the modem. Labeled as HFC MAC or CM MAC.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
reply to Nyteroad

said by Nyteroad:

here is tonights speed

Where do i find my Modem Mac?

Did you get the issues worked out?
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to rkpetros

Hope gets fixed form him as well. I was on vacation on PEI and the connection was in the 1 meg range on the wifi I could not stand it and gave up most nights but then I was there to relax so no big deal. If I had to deal with that everyday I would not be a happy camper.

But when I got back and was downloading 8 gigs of podcasts I sure loved the 26 megs down.