Galt's Gulch
kudos:3

2 recommendations

Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257

Yep, it's that time of the month again

Flash Player 11.3.300.257

»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
Thanks for the heads up Stuart.

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW
thanks stuart

planet

join:2001-11-05
Oz
reply to StuartMW
Thanks for the heads up StuartMW. Didn't they used to offer 64 bit first then the 32 bit at your distribution link? Plus, the file I downloaded is twice the size of past flash files. Is Flash exe compatible with both 32 & 64 bit browsers now?

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

3 edits
reply to StuartMW
Boo! No Linux updates. Still at v11.2 since Adobe stopped making newer than v11.2. There was a newer build for v11.2 though.

Also, »helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/···ons.html for the older versions but it didn't have the current ones like in the past latest releases.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch

1 recommendation

reply to planet
said by planet:

Is Flash exe compatible with both 32 & 64 bit browsers now?

Looks like the installers now include both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
--

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to antdude
said by antdude:

Boo!

Huh?

I don't get the point of your post (reply to me) as you posted the same link that I did.
--

Triple Helix
Troll Hunter
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
Thanks for the notice! StuartMW See Profile

TH

--
Triple Helix - Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security 2012
VIP Member Of ASAP - (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™)
Official Webroot SecureAnywhere (Prevx) Support Forum Helper!
(H59 Clan)

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to StuartMW
Thanks.
(Uneventful except for needing to close my browsers down.)

Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
Release date: June 8, 2012
Vulnerability identifier: APSB12-14

These updates resolve a memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-2034).

These updates resolve a stack overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-2035).

These updates resolve an integer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-2036).

These updates resolve a memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-2037).

These updates resolve a security bypass vulnerability that could lead to information disclosure (CVE-2012-2038).

These updates resolve null dereference vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-2039).

These updates resolve a binary planting vulnerability in the Flash Player installer that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-2040).

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
reply to StuartMW
Thanks. D/l now. Too bad that both 32 and 64 are included together. Seems to me that that would make it much larger than need be, but....

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to StuartMW
Atleast this version fixed the audio sync when full screen and video jitter issues that was in the previous version.

sbconslt

join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA
reply to jaykaykay
said by jaykaykay:

Too bad that both 32 and 64 are included together. Seems to me that that would make it much larger than need be, but....

In effect the combined package is now the size the previous 64-bit package was. Same true for the uninstall_flash_player.exe tool.

As I have heterogeneous systems here and was previously needing to download both the 32-bit and 64-bit packages, from my point of view this is actually a welcome reduction.
--
Scott Brown Consulting

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to therube
said by therube:

These updates resolve a ... vulnerability that could lead to code execution...

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Oh wait it's the same pattern I've seen for years!

Isn't insanity defined as "doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result"?.
--

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

said by antdude:

Boo!

Huh?

I don't get the point of your post (reply to me) as you posted the same link that I did.

Sorry, I wasn't awake yet at that hour. I fixed it.
--
Ant @ »antfarm.ma.cx and »aqfl.net. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use the forum! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
said by antdude:

Sorry, I wasn't awake yet at that hour. I fixed it.

What timezone are you in?

Or maybe its just a busy day in the ant colony
--

FF4m3

@verizon.net
reply to StuartMW
Thank you.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to StuartMW
I also noticed that if I choose not to have automatic updating aka silent updates after it installs, it doesn't install the Flash Updater Service but the program it used still resides in the \System32\Macromed\Flash directory with this new version.

whats that

@mtsallstream.net
reply to StuartMW
I had to utilize System Restore! and go back to Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202.
Initially, after update, every time I tried to open Firefox 13 it was hanging and freezing ... eventually, got the "A script is running" message(s) - but even after I stopped the script(s), everything kept freezing - finally, checked Task Manager and 13 (no exaggeration) Adobe's were running! End Process x 13 times later (plus deleting "plugin container), several more attempts, 2 computer restarts and finally just got fed up.

THANKFULLY I chose to set a restore point before updating!

By the way, am posting here, after wasting another 10 minutes trying to notify Adobe. They make it way too hard for non-technical users to try and convey this type of feedback.

Thanks for listening.

Ciao

Anon users

@anonymouse.org
here too, sth wrong with 11.3 with firefox plugin-container complains,
EMET canNOT contain flash player plugin...

Okay with IE, though..

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:19
reply to StuartMW
Same here...Fx 12 freezing. Only way out was to kill the process in task manager. Just uninstalled flash player and everything is back to normal.
--
I Live In My Own World, But It's OK.....They Know Me There.

redwolfe_98
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to whats that
said by whats that :

I had to utilize System Restore! and go back to Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202.
Initially, after update, every time I tried to open Firefox 13 it was hanging and freezing

i don't understand why some people talk about issues with "shockwave player" when the topic is "flash player".. the two are not the same thing.. maybe that is the problem.. maybe some people don't understand that "shockwave player" and "flash player" are not the same thing..

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to StuartMW
Thanks. Got the plugin and activeX.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
reply to StuartMW
Click for full size
Do not install this on XP with IE6. It is a real mess. Not only did I get GIGANTIC font (it is so large that it switches to a new page to show me the version installed and takes the entire page) when checking at about:adobe to see if it installed correctly, but websites are showing GIGANTIC windows with Flash. Just awful. Also, I can no longer check flash settings on Adobe's website. I can only check now from the computer's control panel. I generally find that they get changed on Adobe's site with each new installation but that does not show in the control panel settings.

Plus, I don't appreciate a file that is now MORE THAN DOUBLE the size of previous FP downloads. I have almost no space left on this drive. Adobe should not have combined the files.

I was using IE6 only for speed tests and those are both Flash and Java tests. Had I any idea this would happen I would not have updated Flash on this computer. I don't have Flash for other browsers on this host computer. I don't plan to update on my virtual computer with XP Pro and IE8 where I have Flash. I also will not touch Flash update for Fx 10 Enterprise version on the virtual machine either after reading about the problems.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

redwolfe_98
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
mele, you probably already know this, but adobe says that "flash player 11" is compatible with IE 7 and later (ie it is not compatible with IE 6, according to adobe)..

since i don't have IE 8 installed, i use "flash player 10", which is compatible with IE 6.. and, since i have to install flash player 10 for IE 6, i also install flash player 10 for "firefox build 13".. i am guessing that it is not good to install one version of flash player for IE 6 and another version for "firefox"..

after installing the latest version of FP 10, build 10.3.183.20, i tested it by watching some videos at "youtube" and i didn't have any problems with it.. (however, to use "full screen view", at "youtube", i have to adjust FP's setting, disabling "hardware acceleration", which i always have had to do)..

you can get "flash player 10" here:

»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
reply to StuartMW
quote:
Yep, it's that time of the month again
Sure is.
Another painless update and working fine.

Thanks
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to StuartMW
Goggle Chrome's built in flash player seemlessly installed in the back ground one day before most people knew about the update and it is working perfectly. In Chrome the flash player is sandboxed. If an attacker succeeds in exploiting a security vulnerability in the plug-in, the sandbox should cushion the worst of the blow by blocking access to critical system files. Abobe Flash Player is a godsend for attackers, because almost everyone has it installed on their system and new vulnerabilities in Flash are constantly being discovered.
Chrome has also included a light-weight PDF viewer, likewise executed in a sandbox. Chrome's rendering and JavaScript engines have long been isolated from the system. My testing against known exploits has found one only has to close out the browser and it all goes away.

Adobe too recognises the benefits of an additional protective layer – the rendering engine for the latest version of its PDF viewer (version X) also runs in a sandbox.

XP users in particular will benefit from this feature, as Chrome is the only browser capable of running Flash in a sandbox under XP. Versions 7 and later of Internet Explorer offer a similar protection mechanism under Windows Vista and 7, a protection mechanism which Flash Player does make use of, in the form of protected mode.

»www.h-online.com/open/news/item/···291.html

»helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/···ome.html

Now I'll just wait for the usual suspects to flame this post. But for myself..I cut ties with adobe long ago. Love that java
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to redwolfe_98
I had no idea FP 11 is not supposed to work with IE6. How come 11.1.102.55 and 11.2.202.235 both worked just fine with IE 6?

How did you get IE6 to work at Youtube? Google banned IE6 there some time ago. I can't use it there. I have to use my virtual machine with IE8 if I want to watch something at Youtube (which is seldom so it doesn't bother me really). Ahh...maybe it is because I have XP Pro SP2 not SP 3 and IE 6 that Google refuses to let me see anything at Youtube. You probably have SP3 but I thought I read that Google killed IE 6 on ANY version of XP as far as using it at Youtube.

As for hardware acceleration and Flash, I have Flash on Fx 10 on my virtual machine Mozilla blacklisted my video driver (even though hardware acceleration was fine on Fx before they did this) so I use Flash on Fx 10 and there is no need to disable hardware acceleration since Mozilla has already done that.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit
FYI
»www.itnews.com.au/News/295315,ad···ort.aspx

Stick with an older version
»helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/···ons.html

support IE6:
March 13th, 2010 stop thingie. And while that doesn't mean YouTube videos will stop playing after the 13th, the big warning on YouTube could have a big influence on getting people to upgrade. So what exactly will the impact be on IE6 users?

Stopped support essentially means that some future features on YouTube will be rolled out that won't work in older browsers.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
What a bloody pissoff! I uninstalled the current FP for IE and tried to reinstall 11.2.202.235. Damn Adobe would NOT allow it! Adobe said I MUST install the current version! What the f**k is the matter with them? Arrogant asses! I should be able to install any version I please. It is MY computer not theirs.

How do I install an older version? If Adobe is supporting version 10 still for IE 6 then I suppose it will install....just not any version 11?
--

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable
Did you even search for a solution?

I found this using Google.

Delete this registry key below and you should then be able to install any version of flash you want. (As always backup your registry first.)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"