how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Skittles_t

join:2012-05-03
reply to Immer

Re: [MoP] Next Legendary

said by Immer:

I think the easiest way to handle that would be to let people TMOG their current gear to previous legendaries. You still have to have the item to TMOG it.

/agreed.

The other option would be let it upgrade itself as you level ala BOAs.

The only problem is when you cap, there is more gear at that level that would outclass it, eg: if you hit 90 and iLevel blue gear at the time was iLevel 460 and your Thunderfury (Did some one say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?) became iLevel 460, what would happen by the time patch 5.4 comes out and gear is iLevel 520.....

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Skittles_t:

said by Immer:

I think the easiest way to handle that would be to let people TMOG their current gear to previous legendaries. You still have to have the item to TMOG it.

/agreed.

The other option would be let it upgrade itself as you level ala BOAs.

The only problem is when you cap, there is more gear at that level that would outclass it, eg: if you hit 90 and iLevel blue gear at the time was iLevel 460 and your Thunderfury (Did some one say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?) became iLevel 460, what would happen by the time patch 5.4 comes out and gear is iLevel 520.....

that's fine. I think older legedaries should be novelties... rarities. I'd prefer the BoA model over TMOG. If they leveled up like BoAs, then they should stop at the first tier of raiding in a new expansion. Otherwise, why work hard to create new wpn art? The goal here, I think, is to let people enjoy their legendary weapon for as long as they play the game. Animations, procs, all of it... But current raiders should have something new to look forward to as well. New skins, new procs, new stats. I wouldn't want the old ones to be so good that their weilders never want any new gear. That would be bad for raiding overall.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.