spc
Search similar:

uniqs
russgold
join:2012-06-08

russgold

Arris CM820(a) vs Cisco DPC3008

Click for full size
I currently have a Motorola SB6120 and it resets and the log(192.168.100.1) is always full of Critical errors and I want an 8x4 modem I'm assuming 8x8 aren't available? I am in the Houston market if that makes a difference.

I couldn't figure out if the Cisco has a MoCa filter or not and if it really is a big deal or not as I only have Comcast HSI no cable or internet?

Is one modem better than the other supposedly the Arris is preferred based on what I've read but I can't find it for sale online?

Is something wrong with the levels of all the signal on my current modem in the image I'm going to attach.

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

pclover

those signal levels look fine to me.

Arris modems are generally used for people who have phone and internet service. From what I've seen at-least.

Are you sure that you have 8 Downstream channels in your area?

SBG6580 appears it can do 8 Downstream Channels. IF you do buy a device make sure it's listed at »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net otherwise, they wont provision it.
russgold
join:2012-06-08

russgold

I don't think they have 8 downstream in my area but I'd rather just have it incase they ever get it in my area so I don't have to think about it again.

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

pclover to russgold

to russgold
You should ask before you spend money. Pointless to upgrade unless you know it's there.

Don't see any reason to unless it's there.