spc
uniqs
kg77
join:2007-12-24

kg77 to didcrywolf

to didcrywolf

Re: IPv6 beta

said by didcrywolf:

I called TSI two days ago to get an IPv6 native login and I got one @wiredhighspeed.com
But little else...

Unless TekSavvy has changed their setup, I am pretty sure you need to manually assign your IPv6 address on your router. When I signed up for the IPv6 beta TekSavvy also gave me an IPv6 subnet address along with the login.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by kg77:

Unless TekSavvy has changed their setup, I am pretty sure you need to manually assign your IPv6 address on your router. When I signed up for the IPv6 beta TekSavvy also gave me an IPv6 subnet address along with the login.

Haven't heard anything to the contrary but TSI still doesn't have DHCPv6-PD setup on their end so the setup is still manual.
didcrywolf
join:2002-12-03
Mont-Royal, QC

1 recommendation

didcrywolf

said by 34764170:

said by kg77:

Haven't heard anything to the contrary but TSI still doesn't have DHCPv6-PD setup on their end so the setup is still manual.

Well that is why I am upset. Giving someone incomplete info is worse than nothing at all, I am now in limbo waiting for a charitable soul to point me in the right direction...
I called tech support at TSI and I was told ... you are on your own...
How complicated is it to send an email to all beta testers with a set of basic instructions...
Instead I have to BEG...
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

34764170 (banned)

said by didcrywolf:

Well that is why I am upset. Giving someone incomplete info is worse than nothing at all, I am now in limbo waiting for a charitable soul to point me in the right direction...
I called tech support at TSI and I was told ... you are on your own...
How complicated is it to send an email to all beta testers with a set of basic instructions...
Instead I have to BEG...

They could make this all automatic by using DHCPv6-PD and with it integrated with their RADIUS database very easily have both static allocations or dynamic from a pool.