All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

curious
@wildblue.net

curious

Anon

why would a company keep pushing back their service date?

Mods may want to move but i honestly wasn't sure where to post this. Over a year ago i was told that a new company was gonna provide fixed wireless in my neighborhood. They said service would be available at the start of 2012. Well 2012 gets here and they say it will be ready in April. April gets here they say they just got the towers up and equipment installed and that they just need a couple weeks for testing.So i call back at the end of April only to find out that it want be here till sometime in September. Their excuse they are still trying to get everything wired. How does it go from we are in final testing stages to we ain't even got everything wired up yet ?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I will say the proper forum is Wireless Users Chat »Wireless Users Chat.

I will comment that there is an incredible amount of competition for workers trained to do equipment installation and repair on towers of all kinds. Cellular, OTA broadcast, government communications, microwave links, campus WiFi, and others are all expanding right along with the WISPs. There has been bad weather around the country that has required emergency repairs to get systems returned to service. That takes workers off of routine jobs. In addition you can find yourself with radio frequency interference issues that do not show up in early pilot testing. You as the newcomer may be the one required to adjust your deployment to fit the reality of the radio frequency environment. That could mean installing more very low power access points than you intended.