redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

1 edit

redwolfe_98 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257

mele, you probably already know this, but adobe says that "flash player 11" is compatible with IE 7 and later (ie it is not compatible with IE 6, according to adobe)..

since i don't have IE 8 installed, i use "flash player 10", which is compatible with IE 6.. and, since i have to install flash player 10 for IE 6, i also install flash player 10 for "firefox build 13".. i am guessing that it is not good to install one version of flash player for IE 6 and another version for "firefox"..

after installing the latest version of FP 10, build 10.3.183.20, i tested it by watching some videos at "youtube" and i didn't have any problems with it.. (however, to use "full screen view", at "youtube", i have to adjust FP's setting, disabling "hardware acceleration", which i always have had to do)..

you can get "flash player 10" here:

»www.adobe.com/products/f ··· on3.html
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I had no idea FP 11 is not supposed to work with IE6. How come 11.1.102.55 and 11.2.202.235 both worked just fine with IE 6?

How did you get IE6 to work at Youtube? Google banned IE6 there some time ago. I can't use it there. I have to use my virtual machine with IE8 if I want to watch something at Youtube (which is seldom so it doesn't bother me really). Ahh...maybe it is because I have XP Pro SP2 not SP 3 and IE 6 that Google refuses to let me see anything at Youtube. You probably have SP3 but I thought I read that Google killed IE 6 on ANY version of XP as far as using it at Youtube.

As for hardware acceleration and Flash, I have Flash on Fx 10 on my virtual machine Mozilla blacklisted my video driver (even though hardware acceleration was fine on Fx before they did this) so I use Flash on Fx 10 and there is no need to disable hardware acceleration since Mozilla has already done that.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

FYI
»www.itnews.com.au/News/2 ··· ort.aspx

Stick with an older version
»helpx.adobe.com/flash-pl ··· ons.html

support IE6:
March 13th, 2010 stop thingie. And while that doesn't mean YouTube videos will stop playing after the 13th, the big warning on YouTube could have a big influence on getting people to upgrade. So what exactly will the impact be on IE6 users?

Stopped support essentially means that some future features on YouTube will be rolled out that won't work in older browsers.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

What a bloody pissoff! I uninstalled the current FP for IE and tried to reinstall 11.2.202.235. Damn Adobe would NOT allow it! Adobe said I MUST install the current version! What the f**k is the matter with them? Arrogant asses! I should be able to install any version I please. It is MY computer not theirs.

How do I install an older version? If Adobe is supporting version 10 still for IE 6 then I suppose it will install....just not any version 11?

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Did you even search for a solution?

I found this using Google.

Delete this registry key below and you should then be able to install any version of flash you want. (As always backup your registry first.)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

2 edits

Name Game to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Click for full size
Well if you went that far already..best to get their special super duper uninstaller and then start from scratch.

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller
The Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller is a valuable tool for troubleshooting and testing detection schemes. The most current uninstallers and instructions for use can be found in this Tech Note. Use it cause it ID's the version you really have. Then you can get the right uninstaller.

»helpx.adobe.com/flash-pl ··· ows.html

I personally would get the old stuff here
»www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3

Premium Member

What's this, then?
»blog.ffextensionguru.com ··· +Blog%29

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
FYI v11.1.102.55 works on Win2K SP4 even though Adobe says v10.3.183.20 was the last to do so.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to Mele20

to Mele20
Use the uninstaller here and follow the directions below to remove all traces of Flash:

Then here's the offline installers link:

»www.adobe.com/products/f ··· on3.html

You can find 10.3.183.20 near the bottom. It's the version I default back to when I've had issues with the last 11.2 and even 11.3. Adobe has been patching Flash 10.3 for people who supposedly can't install 11.3 or in this case are having issues with it.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

Well if you went that far already..best to get their special super duper uninstaller and then start from scratch.

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller
The Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller is a valuable tool for troubleshooting and testing detection schemes. The most current uninstallers and instructions for use can be found in this Tech Note. Use it cause it ID's the version you really have. Then you can get the right uninstaller.

I personally would get the old stuff here
»www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php

The Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller says I do not have FP installed. It uninstalled cleanly from Add/Remove programs last night. I don't usually have trouble with Flash uninstalling.

The problem is that Adobe will NOT ALLOW me to install ANY VERSION EXCEPT THE CURRENT ONE. This is nuts. I have a bunch of old versions in my downloaded programs folder. I've tried all of them. NONE will install. I get the same error message for each telling me that I must install the latest version. Some of the ones I tried were version 10 ones and they get the same error that I must install the latest version.

Is Adobe now blocking installation of old versions if you remove the version you have and then try to install any version except the current one? It looks to me like it is...at least for IE.

Maybe I just need to reboot the computer. I avoid that now for as long as I can as I am afraid each time I reboot that it might not reboot. (Of course, I have closed and reopened IE several times).

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Do what you think best..since i am not there..can only think you are doing all the right things so far.
And of course since you did uninstall the thing ..not surprised what the super duper uninstaller stated...so we are back to the old standby..install the new one again..so the uninstaller now does see it can go forward..and then use the uninstaller to clean it off that way..hopefully it will clean all trace and then you can install the older version...but even then..I think you might have to reboot for all the stuff to go away with their super duper.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

2 edits

1 recommendation

redwolfe_98 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

The problem is that Adobe will NOT ALLOW me to install ANY VERSION EXCEPT THE CURRENT ONE

mele, did you see the post where it was mentioned to try deleting the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions" regkey(s)?

as part of uninstalling "flash player", you could delete all of the "macromedia"/"flash player" regkeys in "HKLM\software" (if they weren't removed by the uninstaller) and see if that allows you to install an older version of "flash player"..

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to Mele20

to Mele20
That's not the case for me and I have XP Pro SP3. I've gone from the latest version back to 10.3 using the uninstaller and instructions to remove all trace elements of Flash and use the offline installers link above to reinstall it.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
I didn't see that post. I have regkeys for SafeVersions for ALL versions of Flash Player from 6.x through 11.x. It looks like specific data set for versions 10 and 11 but not for versions 6-9.

Maybe I'll try deleting them. If I could install just for Opera I would do that and install the latest version. I don't want FP installed on Fx or SeaMonkey though.
faceillusion
join:2009-12-12
australia

faceillusion

said by Mele20:

I didn't see that post. I have regkeys for SafeVersions for ALL versions of Flash Player from 6.x through 11.x. It looks like specific data set for versions 10 and 11 but not for versions 6-9.

Maybe I'll try deleting them. If I could install just for Opera I would do that and install the latest version. I don't want FP installed on Fx or SeaMonkey though.

I usually, run the flashplayer uninstaller, before installing the new version.

This time I just installed the new version over the top of v11.2.202.228, successfully for Opera.

I will not risk this update for Internet Explorer, since I still have version IE6, which is no longer supported by Adobe. Besides, I rarely use IE.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Don't dig too deep..your animated search doggie might go on strike and your sea monkey might start singing " you've got a lovely bunch of coconut."

MeDuZa
join:2003-06-13
Austria

MeDuZa to Mele20

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

If I could install just for Opera I would do that and install the latest version. I don't want FP installed on Fx or SeaMonkey though.

I have never installed Adobe's Flash Player for Opera.
Why don't you just extract NPSWF32.dll from the install package and place it in Opera's plugins folder.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to carpetshark3

to carpetshark3
A better link to your link, »blog.ffextensionguru.com ··· loatware.

But that's nothing new, Adobe wanting to add crapware along with the download.
therube

therube to MeDuZa

to MeDuZa
quote:
Why don't you just extract NPSWF32.dll from the install package and place it in Opera's plugins folder.
How, easily?
(Uniextract is not able to do it.)

MeDuZa
join:2003-06-13
Austria

MeDuZa

NPSWF32_11.3.300.257.zip
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned) to Mele20

to Mele20
Use Flash Player uninstaller »helpx.adobe.com/flash-pl ··· nstaller after running the uninstaller reboot your PC, and install older version of Flash Player(s).

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

said by 47717768:

Use Flash Player uninstaller »helpx.adobe.com/flash-pl ··· nstaller after running the uninstaller reboot your PC, and install older version of Flash Player(s).

sadly can't be done because Mele20 already uninstalled the version he/she mistakenly installed by the regular method..so this is the problem faced..

»Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257