Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to N3OGH

Re: Microwave!

sad thing is I bet any insurance carrier would give the same run around or worse. They hate to spend money even when they take so much.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

I would have to disagree with your broad statement (any insurance carrier). I have had USAA insurance for home, auto, liability, and boat insurance for over 40 years and have never had a claim issue.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

I have also had USAA auto/home/renter's insurance and everytime I've ever had to actually "use" the insurance they were great. I have even had to use the renters insurance for a total loss upwards of 80k and they actually flew an agent out to assess the damage and wrote me a check for half of that the same day. 2 days after the weather incident that caused the loss. USAA will always have my business due to this.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

USAA is our auto insurance and they are great. its funny when one gets a sales call for another carrier and you say that you have USAA... they mysteriously hang up.

Since my parents served I can get it and when I got my own car it was nice calling them and getting a first reply from a living person, When they setup my acct its data was automatically brought over from the previous combined policy meaning I did not have to go through anything more than giving the VIN number really.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to Austinloop

Consumer reports consistently rates USAA at the top. Not everyone can use them but many can. You or someone in your immediate family has to be a veteran, right?
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Or active duty officer. Not sure about the active duty enlisted ranks eligibility. I do know all honorably discharged or retired military are eligible. And immediate family of the above. Both of my children, both grown and on their own have USAA.

I have had their insurance for 45 years.