uniqs
share rss forum feed

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
kudos:1
reply to aannoonn

Re: CV refused to extend promos - Should I threaten to cancel?

Did you talk to a normal rep? In most companies, normal reps can't offer deals to stay. Try calling back and speaking to the disconnections department if you haven't.

aannoonn

@optonline.net
said by xirian:

Try calling back and speaking to the disconnections department if you haven't.

I can't find the old thread, but someone here tried doing that, CV called his bluff and scheduled his disconnection! He had to call back with his tail between his legs to keep his service.

But he did get a new promo!! Wish I could find the old thread.

aannoonn

@optonline.net
Here it is. It was Rick:
said by RickNY:
if you just call regular customer service and ask for a promo, they will usually say "We dont show any promos available for your account". Retentions (Cancellation department) is in a better position to offer you something -- however, they generally wont do so unless you call and say you want to cancel. Last year, I did just that -- and inititially the rep just said to me "OK, Ive disconnected your TV service. Is there anything else I can help you with?" and sure enough - sent the signal to the Cablecards right then and turned it off - calling my bluff.

I ended up calling right back 5 mins later after that, to sales, and sales was able to offer me TP for another year as long as I agreed to pay a $20 install charge to reinstate service, and I received Family+iO, OOL+Boost, and OV for $99.

»Re: No promos available for my account?
In another post Rick says he's been on the triple play promo for 5 years. Two other people said that CV extended their promo without them even asking.

So it's really annoying to see people paying less than me for 5 years, when my promo (which cost me more than they were paying) runs out after only a year.

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25
said by aannoonn :

Here it is. It was Rick:

said by RickNY:
if you just call regular customer service and ask for a promo, they will usually say "We dont show any promos available for your account". Retentions (Cancellation department) is in a better position to offer you something -- however, they generally wont do so unless you call and say you want to cancel. Last year, I did just that -- and inititially the rep just said to me "OK, Ive disconnected your TV service. Is there anything else I can help you with?" and sure enough - sent the signal to the Cablecards right then and turned it off - calling my bluff.

I ended up calling right back 5 mins later after that, to sales, and sales was able to offer me TP for another year as long as I agreed to pay a $20 install charge to reinstate service, and I received Family+iO, OOL+Boost, and OV for $99.

»Re: No promos available for my account?
In another post Rick says he's been on the triple play promo for 5 years. Two other people said that CV extended their promo without them even asking.

So it's really annoying to see people paying less than me for 5 years, when my promo (which cost me more than they were paying) runs out after only a year.

threaten to cancel your TV service, and switch to Directv, if need be, do that, and when that is up, you can switch back. you can get a great deal on TV service with Directv's promo pricing!. and still have the internet with cablevision. Cablevision knows you have the option of Directv or similar for TV, maybe a deal can be struck!.