All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
blacknoi
join:2004-11-06
Stanhope, NJ

blacknoi to aannoonn

to aannoonn

Re: CV refused to extend promos - Should I threaten to cancel?

If you have the FiOS option, take it. Threaten cablevision to cancel and if they don't extend you, then follow up on the threat.

Surf the new customer promos for a year and go back and forth between providers. Do the same thing to fios when your promo runs out with them.

This assumes you don't mind the minor inconvenience of changing equipment every 12 months.

I'd do it if I had fios available. This way you are always paying the lowest prices.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn

Anon

No Fios here. It's available one block away, but not here. Must be Verizon's redlining of our neighborhood with $600k houses.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa

Premium Member

CV will likely know that, and call your bluff. Doesn't hurt to call - worst case they connect you to the disconnect department, instead of the retention department.

DJMADfx
join:2002-02-27
Merrick, NY

DJMADfx to aannoonn

to aannoonn
Just lie and tell them that it (FIOS) is available to you. I knew someone that did that and it worked just fine.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

That usually does not work. They check to make sure FiOS is available at your address. The phone rep has your address and can plug it into the same online Verizon tool that you can use to verify FiOS eligibility.