how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jimbo248

join:2001-08-09
Plymouth Meeting, PA

CSN HD Philly Breaking Up

Over the past few weeks, during Daily News Live and Phillies games, CSN (channel 576) is unwatchable. It breaks up, tiling, etc. Just tuned to the Phillies game, and it's the worst it has been. Picture is totally breaking up.

And, part 2 of this. When I tune to the SD (channel 76), the volume is twice as loud as as any other channel. When I turn the volume down (on channel 76) and switch to another channel, the sound is so low that I can bearly hear it. This is the only channel affected.

Has anyone else had this problem?

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
I am obviously in a different area, but while tuned to 576, hit power select select and you'll get to a diagnostics menu (granted you have a Motorola box). One of the pages will let you view SNR level and correctable/uncorrectable errors. It could very well be an issue with a cable (possibly just the one connecting your box to the wall). Sometimes they can get twisted or crimped in such a way that it impedes certain frequencies. Might try disconnecting from wall and box and reconnecting.

I had similar issues w/a group of channels and my problem ended up being the main line before my splits that was up in the attic. It was coiled tightly around a joist. I loosened it and that took care of my problems.

jimbo248

join:2001-08-09
Plymouth Meeting, PA
First thing I checked was wires and connections. When I first put in the tv, had lot of pixelation and breaking up of certain channels. Found out had electrical wires were laying on cable wire. When I separated them, problems went away.

***Ok, as I was writing this, I remembered there is now DVR troubleshooting in the menu. I let it reboot the box, and for now, no issues. (strange!) Dang, I should have thought of this in the first place. Anyway, thank you for the reply!

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
I'm in Bensalem and no I have had the game on all day and no problem here. My only issue is all the Phils erros. Jeez-Louise.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1
reply to jimbo248
Same as Acct101 here: Watched the game all afternoon, into the evening, and saw no problems at all (except the level of play).

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Yep, watched the game in Delaware - no issues.

Welcome to the big leagues BJ.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
There is nothing wrong the picture on this channel. It's just they are showing a bad team. It's been a great run, time to rebuild.