uniqs

tomkb
Premium Member
join:2000-11-15
Tampa, FL

tomkb

Premium Member

Re: Bought a TV for my computer

Thanks for all the responses. The TV that was purchased was a 720P. I've been googling around a bit, it seems if I buy a 1020P I may have good luck so long as the native resolution is 1920.

So, I've turned the TV over to my wife. I may run out this weekend to buy a 1080P and give it a try.

I should also add that my goal here is to get more windows open on my screen simultaneously.

Today, I have an old Dell 19" flat screen that is not even widescreen. It's a good 6 years old, but was top of the line back in its day! I am running 1280x1024 which is better resolution than the 720P TV I was just running. I'm thinking a nice 32" 1020P TV with 1920 resolution might be a nice upgrade for me without breaking the bank, but I can't deal with the jagged fonts. Some people are swearing by the 1020P so we'll see.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

If your curious, you can read up on HDMI here: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI
The article notes that cable length does matter and I suppose so does cable quality; at least to a point. You might want to look at those elements too.

Regarding fitting more windows on the screen, my experience has been that as monitors get larger, so does the window and text unless you increase the resolution. So for the same resolution you won't necessarily get more windows per monitor simply because the monitor is larger. Using two monitors will certainly help.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf to tomkb

Premium Member

to tomkb
You might consider running multiple 22-24 inch screens rather than a tv.