Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Savant
Premium
join:2001-08-12
Toronto
reply to Time

Re: Vivendi to discuss sale of Activision Blizzard...

said by Time:

said by Kilroy:

My question what I saw that was, "Who can afford to buy them?"

Disney.

Naw. While they have the revenue, they have too much debt right now. (Disney's Market cap is roughly $80 billion, on $40 billion in revenue, with only $4 billion in cash and $16 billion in debt) Plus I don't think Disney would be keen on associating their brand with COD and other violent imagery.
--

Attack the words, not the writer...

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

Disney owns ABC, plus releases movies under the Touchstone Pictures and Hollywood Pictures brands - these are for the more adult/mature audiences. They also acquired Marvel 3 years ago. Many of the titles released under those brands contain violent imagery, so continuing to release the same types of products under the existing name - and without a Disney logo in sight - would not be out of character for them. If, of course, they bought Act/Blizz.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Savant

quote:
Plus I don't think Disney would be keen on associating their brand with COD and other violent imagery.

Maybe not directly. But John Carter carries the Disney name [It's a violent film, and it made it's money. From what I read a couple of weeks ago, John Carter isn't the dud that Disney and others made it out to be.]

But Disney also owns Marvel Studios. Which released The Avengers this year. Again, not a typical Disney thing.

They used to own Miramax [1993-2010]. Miramax released some voilent titles as well. Disney owns Touchstone pictures.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.