Search similar:

uniqs
tranle
join:2001-06-10
Mountain View, CA

tranle

[IPv6] Netscreen ns5gt IPV6 on comcast network

Hi,
is anyone of you using a Netscreen ns5gt on Comcast network with IPV6 enabled ?
I know that my connection from the modem can do IPV6 because it works fine with a computer directly to the modem.
The IPV4 with nat through the ns5gt work fine but it does not seem to route IPV6 packets.

Thanks.
royfernandez
join:2012-05-21
Pompano Beach, FL

royfernandez

Do you wan to send IPV4 data through an IPV6 tunnel?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer to tranle

Premium Member

to tranle
My guess would be that you are probably going to be as out of luck with that older firewall as I was with my older model Cisco RV082.

»www.juniper.net/us/en/pr ··· e/ns5gt/

Overview

Last order date: December 31, 2008

The NetScreen-5GT appliance is an enterprise-class, network security solution that integrates best-in-class UTM security features, including IPS, antivirus (includes anti-spyware, anti-adware, anti-phishing), anti-spam, and Web filtering.

The NetScreen-5GT is end of sale, and in its place, we recommend the SSG5 and SSG20, high-performance security appliances that offer LAN/WAN connectivity for small branch offices and standalone business deployments.

FWIW, the NS5GT user manual makes no mention whatsoever of IPv6 (just like my older model Cisco RV082 router)

kara
@comcast.net

kara to tranle

Anon

to tranle
If the router does not support IPV6 then you will have issues. I had issue with my router not support it and had to buy new router after the change over myself. Just something to look for.
tranle
join:2001-06-10
Mountain View, CA

tranle

I think that the router support IPV6, they had documentation here:
»www.juniper.net/techpubs ··· _ref.pdf
I have also seen people 6to4 configuration, and the documentation says how to do ipv6 router tunnel. But I have not seen yet anybody explain how to connect with a ISP with DHCPV6.

Thanks.