Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[Express] Slow speeds?

Painfully slow speeds in Kitchener, anyone else? A user in Ottawa on his 'lite' internet is also complaining of slow speeds.

Right now, the internet is useless.

--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

quickbeam
Premium
join:2003-06-01

I'm fine in ottawa. 16 ms to speedtest pref server 50mbps and 1 mbps...no issues here...in orleans.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by quickbeam:

I'm fine in ottawa. 16 ms to speedtest pref server 50mbps and 1 mbps...no issues here...in orleans.

I'll need to call tomorrow.

AS I said, fast for first few seconds, then nothing.

No reason for it to be under 10megs.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by J E F F:

said by quickbeam:

I'll need to call tomorrow.

AS I said, fast for first few seconds, then nothing.

No reason for it to be under 10megs.

Although according to this:

--

diz_e_k

join:2012-06-10

Your problem seems to be exactly the same as mine, my landlord is too lazy to call them and I don't have the account info on the internet... he told me he had good internet when I bought the place damn it... lol

Please let me know if you find out though.

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON
reply to quickbeam

Man your lucky I'm in Ottawa and my Speeds are slow @ this hour

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON

In New Hamburg just out side of Kitchener and on the Extreme and getting 34.99/.70 ping of 5ms to Teksavvy Toronto Server

BernhardB

join:2012-06-24
Edwin, MB
reply to J E F F

I`m in Manitoba near Portage, using a 3G "Rocket Hub". Up until June 4th everything worked (not quite) as advertised, but was better than nothing. 1.5Mbps up .5 Mbps down using my usual Speed test with a N.D. server.Then on June 4th the entire Rogers service went down including the cell phone service in the entire Portage area. No explanation to date from Rogers. It took Rogers 3 days to be up & running again. Since then my up&download speeds are pathetic. Even though my signal strength is strong (~-80db) I`m @ 0.05 at best for down- and 0.001 Mbps for uploads...and am paying $80 per month (tel. incl.) for that.
I had better speeds decades ago with an old 54K modem! With my laptop I can also connect to my neighbors "xplorenet" and then I get over 2 Mbps for down and 0.9 for uploads with the same speed test. I guess I`ll be switching over to "xplorenet" like many others have already done in the Portage area.

skull

@rogers.com
reply to J E F F

In downtown Toronto, Annex area. Horrible, dreadful, unbearable speeds since 10PM. Noticed Diablo 3 and Teamspeak was utter crap with my bros. and investigated to determine it's my line. No P2P, no hidden network bandwidth use, rebooted PC twice, rebooted Cisco DPC3825 four times, including a 20min power cycle. Do not have another router to clone MAC to grab a new IP/gateway either. I've never been more annoyed, absolute trash. I don't care what the actual technical reason is, but if I had the $$$ to cancel my contract now, I would. With $50 in overage charges, I'd pay more than the 175mbit line from Bell and still pay less.

Anyone know if it's super expensive to cancel a 3yr contract after 1yr or if it's possible to transfer the contract to another person (say, a relative)? I did that with my mobile phone plan, so maybe it's possible with Internet?

Thanks for any help to anyone in advance.