spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aannoonn

@optonline.net
reply to aannoonn

Re: CV refused to extend promos - Should I threaten to cancel?

Here it is. It was Rick:

said by RickNY:
if you just call regular customer service and ask for a promo, they will usually say "We dont show any promos available for your account". Retentions (Cancellation department) is in a better position to offer you something -- however, they generally wont do so unless you call and say you want to cancel. Last year, I did just that -- and inititially the rep just said to me "OK, Ive disconnected your TV service. Is there anything else I can help you with?" and sure enough - sent the signal to the Cablecards right then and turned it off - calling my bluff.

I ended up calling right back 5 mins later after that, to sales, and sales was able to offer me TP for another year as long as I agreed to pay a $20 install charge to reinstate service, and I received Family+iO, OOL+Boost, and OV for $99.

»Re: No promos available for my account?
In another post Rick says he's been on the triple play promo for 5 years. Two other people said that CV extended their promo without them even asking.

So it's really annoying to see people paying less than me for 5 years, when my promo (which cost me more than they were paying) runs out after only a year.

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25

said by aannoonn :

Here it is. It was Rick:

said by RickNY:
if you just call regular customer service and ask for a promo, they will usually say "We dont show any promos available for your account". Retentions (Cancellation department) is in a better position to offer you something -- however, they generally wont do so unless you call and say you want to cancel. Last year, I did just that -- and inititially the rep just said to me "OK, Ive disconnected your TV service. Is there anything else I can help you with?" and sure enough - sent the signal to the Cablecards right then and turned it off - calling my bluff.

I ended up calling right back 5 mins later after that, to sales, and sales was able to offer me TP for another year as long as I agreed to pay a $20 install charge to reinstate service, and I received Family+iO, OOL+Boost, and OV for $99.

»Re: No promos available for my account?
In another post Rick says he's been on the triple play promo for 5 years. Two other people said that CV extended their promo without them even asking.

So it's really annoying to see people paying less than me for 5 years, when my promo (which cost me more than they were paying) runs out after only a year.

threaten to cancel your TV service, and switch to Directv, if need be, do that, and when that is up, you can switch back. you can get a great deal on TV service with Directv's promo pricing!. and still have the internet with cablevision. Cablevision knows you have the option of Directv or similar for TV, maybe a deal can be struck!.