uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from you can always post in the direct forum

jmmilner2

join:2011-05-17
Yorkville, IL
reply to David

Re: you can always post in the direct forum

Lost all service last week for 30 hours but I doubt you could have helped - new builder in my subdivision got some lots very cheap and started digging. On his second lot he pulled up a 100 pair cable in a lot between two homes that my builder didn't have any trouble with. AT&T insisted it was a problem with just my line, that they would have to dispatch to test my loop, while all my neighbors got the same run-around.

I gave AT&T the lot number and street address of the cable cut within a hour of the cut (11:00 am) but they didn't even roll a truck till the next day.

What Lily Tomlin said many years ago remains true to this day: "We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company."

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101

If you have all of that send that to me. typically I can track down who that is within a few hours.

jmmilner2

Yorkville, IL

Service in back but slower than ever. When from 2.4Mb to less than 2.0Mb (and once 600Kb) after the feeder cable was spliced back together. While my modem (Speedstream 4100 this week) claims my maximum download bandwidth (possible, not provisioned) was 9Mb before the cut and is now 8Mb, I'd expect the DSLAM could reshuffle the bits per bin and still make good on the old speed. I can swap out modems as I have Motorola 2210s on hand but I'm thinking it won't help.

jmmilner2

Yorkville, IL

1 edit

Another day, another cable cut, another speed drop. This time AT&T just moved me to another pair as the cable wasn't completely cut. While this did get me back up in hours instead of days, I'm now getting 1.0Mb downloads, half of what I got after the last cut and only 1/3 of what I'm paying for. Between the new construction in my neighborhood, the road work in my town, and AT&T's "let it rot" approach to copper loops, I don't expect the outside plant will ever improve. The tech did say that the U-Verse customers on the same 100 pair cable I'm on will really suffer since the bonding (grounding) of the cable is shot. At least with the drought, I won't have to worry about wet pairs till next spring, assuming I don't punt AT&T.

This is a sub-selection from you can always post in the direct forum