cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

maybe have faction racials instead?

was roaming on my shammy last night , and i was think that draenie hit racial is kinda crap , hit is easy to get to, but he needs haste and mastery above crit so i thought it would be cool if he had the worgen racial. thats when it hit me maybe faction racials would be cool.

instead of static race buffs, you choose one of your factions racials for your toon at the creation screen, i think it would be cool, what would you guys do with it if it were possible.

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra

Premium Member

I'm concerned that everyone will have to race change to panda to compete in arena but otherwise I am ok with the current state of racials. I don't think a 1% hit versus 1% haste is that big of a deal for you since you can always reforge your hit to haste. However in arena having an extra CC versus 1% hit is kind of a big deal.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to cymraeg

to cymraeg
Kind of homogenizes races even more and makes it even less of a choice when making a toon beyond aesthetics. I wouldn't mind seeing racial bonuses really make a difference as to how a toon is played. Not sure how to do it without it causing everyone playing a class being forced to chose a certain race though.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to cymraeg

to cymraeg
Whats the point of having different races if you cant be special and unique?

WOW is getting more and more generalized and bland, where almost all classes are the same and now you mention wanting to make all races be the same.

Seriously wow is starting to blend everything and is really losing its specialness. I been playing wow since it came out and the more Blizzard blends the less fun the game has become. Now i only log on only to do a few dailys and then done.

I love being able to be unique and thats what made the game fun and special, that shine has be long gone and worn off :-(

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to quatra

Premium Member

to quatra
It was cooler when it was 1% for the whole group.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to quatra

Premium Member

to quatra
worgen have 1% crit racial not haste, which is why i would like it cause i reforge crit away for haste. as for homogeny i think the opposite, not everyone would pick the same racial, i would love a tauren with goblin haste, undead warrior with orc fury racial would be great, nelf with everyman for himself. i like the idea cause you cnat have a human druid but the racial for human is balls for pvp so a nelf druid with that racial would be awesome. but it keeps us talking at any rate good or ill.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well it'd be as confusing as f*** for a raid leader.

Ok we have a human with nelf
a worgen with human
bla bla bla
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

exactly dark, you would have to actually bring the player not the class/race combo

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

to be fair, none of the racials matter much (PvE) beyond the race to 1st... even then it is negligible.

There are still some abilities that need adjustment, or better accounting for in encounter design... but I think we are pretty close to "bring the player not the class", at least from a what can be done if everyone is on their game perspective. Sure, some classes make it easier to roflstomp... but who cares?

it's guilds... following recommendations of top guilds... that enforce the class-prefered-over-player model.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

agreed Immer, i have always played what was fun to me and i enjoyed being able to look at, like gnomes, i cannot for the life of me play a gnome, the way they move irks me to no end, but my old guild needed gnome classes for ach so i made one leveled it and promptly deleted it, but the racial for them escape artist is awesome, just wish i could use it on a different race.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

to be fair, none of the racials matter much (PvE) beyond the race to 1st... even then it is negligible.

I would really love the goblin's 1% racial as an elemental shaman though...

But sticking with Tauren's horrible racials because we be the sexiest!

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to cymraeg

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

instead of static race buffs, you choose one of your factions racials for your toon at the creation screen, i think it would be cool, what would you guys do with it if it were possible.

the game used to, Horde side got Bloodlust, Alliance got Divine Intervention.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

Pretty sure bloodlust was a lvl 70 ability in which case both sides had shammys and pallys at that point.

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14

pretty sure no matter how much you ground out Argent Dawn rep you couldn't make it to level 70 during vanilla. know your roots.

gains
@windstream.net

gains

Anon

di and salvation, emrite?

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to cymraeg

to cymraeg

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· zrikYqTM

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to cymraeg

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

agreed Immer, i have always played what was fun to me and i enjoyed being able to look at, like gnomes, i cannot for the life of me play a gnome, the way they move irks me to no end, but my old guild needed gnome classes for ach so i made one leveled it and promptly deleted it, but the racial for them escape artist is awesome, just wish i could use it on a different race.

Isn't the human racial similar?
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

No it is 10x better.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
yes gold it is that another one that i wish i could have on a different race

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

No it is 10x better.

they are the same now, aren't they? how are they different? (remember, I don't pvp).

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Escape Artist breaks roots and slows. It doesn't break stuns, fears, incapacitates, etc.

Every Man breaks everything. It's the same as the PVP trinket (which is why it shares a CD with it, and why it was awesome on heroic Halfus when interrupting)

(because we don't believe in mages, but do believe in human paladins and those free action potions or whatever they were called)

(wtb stranglekelp)
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

which is why on my human rogue i used to pvp with had 2 trinks and was baller