reply to I AM
Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread Is Guild Wars 2 a WoW killer? Probably not
Will I play Guild Wars 2 instead of MoP? YES
GW2 is F2P once you get it, which means, I can pop on and off whenever I want... I would pop onto WoW now and again if it was F2P, but since it isn't, I don't go on it at all. Not going to make a monthly fee commitment.
GW2 starting zone for humans was great, I was only able to play Friday nite, and some of saturday (irl too busy)... but in the human starting zone I was making it a point to complete all quests (hearts), to get all the zone teleport points (diamonds with blue centers), and to visit all points of interest.
Since you can level ANYWHERE, and since you scale to the zone, I didn't feel rushed to leave the zone to continue to level, I could 100% explore it and still feel like I was making leveling progress.
What GW2 needs to fix before release, I will post this in their beta feedback forums on their site as well:
- Smoother camera movement when holding down the left mouse button.
- Smoother toon rotation when turning (right now turning camera/toon results in accelerate/decelerate momentum feeling in turns)
- When zooming in and out with the middle mouse button, the zooming in and out should be gradual like WoW, not jump to close, or jump to far... let the users decide exactly what zoom they want, let it be smooth and gradual
- Dialogue cutscenes can be dumped all together imo... just let the npcs talk to you in normal view mode, less of an interuption to game immersion
- button 1 is auto attack for your weapon, at times when you press 1, then do other attacks, it seems you need to re-engage auto-attack for it to start working again
After the BWE, it seems that high pop servers will be the most desirable, since you will be able to join many events in progress all the time, which thus far seems to be GW2 bread and butter