Beef7
join:2012-05-16

3 edits

Beef7 to I AM

to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

@I AM

hehe that's hilarious

usually it just boils down to follow the leader...

mother duckling leading her chicks... when momma stops the babies bump into the others from behind, and start spinning/walking in circles all confused!

UI in GW2 is very different, still figuring everything out

the game definitely feels more open world than Tera... Tera felt very corralled... in valleys

you have a separate set of weapons for above water and below water... and the game camera gets water drops on it when you come out of the water, pretty awesome

ALSO:

- Game music was excellent
- Game art was excellent
- Day/night cycles were excellent
- Weather cycles were excellent
- The game is massively multiplayer without requiring you to be massively social (I know some hate social gaming)
- You get experience for rezzing fallen comrades... this motivates people to rezz you during battles or if they walk buy randomly
- Zone portals allow you to teleport to other sections of the zone without walking all the way there (you have to find the portals before you can use them... a big critique of mmos is wasted time walking through empty land you have nothing to do in)

one zone, will have day/night/weather cycles... and during bad weather it rains/gets cloudy, and the grass blows! pretty awesome

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I agree and disagree with how open it feels. It's free to roam yes as Tera has some invisible walls. But to me Tera felt more open similar to WoW. Yes when you took the FP to places in Tera you would go warping into outspace thingy but you could if you wanted run from zone to zone without ever hitting a loading screen. With GW2 when you hit other zones you actually zone through an instance looking door and it goes into a loading screen.

Beef7
join:2012-05-16

Beef7

ahhhh... didn't know this! stayed in one zone

put this in the forums as undesirable!

loading screen between zones is very bad!