Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

2 recommendations

reply to tc17

Re: IPv6 Support

IPv6 is gradually being rolled out, it requires changes to many pieces of equipment and firmware updates to modems. Its a slow process, that's why no one knows. The world will not end if IPv6 is not rolled out tomorrow.

Hob

EEE3

@rr.com

said by hobgoblin:

IPv6 is gradually being rolled out, it requires changes to many pieces of equipment and firmware updates to modems. Its a slow process, that's why no one knows. The world will not end if IPv6 is not rolled out tomorrow.

As a Network Engineer myself deeply involved in enabling IPv6 in the Enterprise I'm sympathetic to the work required but Time Warner set expectations that it would be enabling it for at least 1% of customers by June 6 as part of its participation in World IPv6 Launch Day. As of today I have not heard of a single customer having it enabled natively, just a few people who mistakenly confused tunnels with native.

No, the world will not end but people have legitimate reasons for wanting native IPv6 and Time Warner needs to be more transparent about their plans IMO. From my perspective it looks like they got some positive PR back on June 6 but instead should have been called out for not delivering IPv6 to anyone.

zaxcom

join:2008-12-26
Charlotte, NC

Has anyone seen any movement on the roll-out? So far nothing here in Charlotte.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to EEE3

said by EEE3 :

Time Warner set expectations that it would be enabling it for at least 1% of customers by June 6 as part of its participation in World IPv6 Launch Day. As of today I have not heard of a single customer having it enabled natively, just a few people who mistakenly confused tunnels with native.

I know people in the Raleigh area with IPv6 native IP's from Time Warner. The IP's start with 2606:A000...

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to bsdaiwa

Click for full size
My modem can do ip6 but I bought it for DOCSIS 3. (Motorola SB6141)

No sign of ip6. But I don't care. The internet keeps working with ip4.