Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
reply to fn

Re: VPN PPTP

I'm also in Park Ridge! Do you have the arris gateway w/ Ultra TV? Or did you rent/buy your own modem?

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:32
reply to fn

said by fn :

Hi Dan,
I live in Park Ridge and just switched from Comcast last week to Ultra. And...VPN is gone. Any update on the firmware release for this issue? This is critical for me and I will have to drop WOW unless they fix it right away.
Thanks,
Frank

Please send me a private message and include your account number or phone number.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

DMM

@wideopenwest.com

Dan,

Do you anticipate a fix for this VPN issue in the near future. I have been waiting a couple of months, as I really like Ultra TV, but have been forced to use my wifi card to VPN in to work. I thougt this would be resolved by now based on your past post in July. I need to make a decision regarding a change if you do not see something coming soon.

Thanks for your help.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

We're hoping to have this out within a month or so. The software version we were testing previously could not be rolled out due to larger issues it had. We've gotten an updated version of the software just this week, and have only begun testing it. If all goes well, hopefully we can push this out in October, but that's not a guarantee.

dandlhaus
Premium
join:2008-03-20
Westlake, OH
reply to jwillis00000

Just another person who can't VPN into their computer at work with WOW Ultra TV. What is the current status. This really needs to get fixed and fast. Too many excuses.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

said by dandlhaus:

Just another person who can't VPN into their computer at work with WOW Ultra TV. What is the current status. This really needs to get fixed and fast. Too many excuses.

The plan is in place to have the new software update go out starting next week. Throughout the week each market will be targeted for the update, so you should have it by the end of next week, as long as no issues arise.
--
Dan Della Terza

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27

Dan, can you give us some details of what to look for in the update or is it just a VPN fix?

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

It is meant to address a few issues, I know the bold ones are ones that many of you have experienced.

PPTP VPN Protocol
Guide information missing occasionally
Occasional errors deleting >35 shows on the DVR
Better support for Sprint Airave devices
Buffer updating when shows are paused

Also, there's a few performance and stability upgrades that should help overall.
--
Dan Della Terza

jwillis00

join:2012-03-08
Warren, MI

This is great news.. thanks for the update dan

mich_guy

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

Dan, I was told that the new software update will be available next week from a WOW customer service personal, is there any truth to that? I just got WOW yesterday and was unaware of this issue. This is a deal breaker for if I can't VPN in to work. I am seriously going back to COMCAAST if I cant VPN into work.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

said by mich_guy :

Dan, I was told that the new software update will be available next week from a WOW customer service personal, is there any truth to that? I just got WOW yesterday and was unaware of this issue. This is a deal breaker for if I can't VPN in to work. I am seriously going back to COMCAAST if I cant VPN into work.

As I stated back a few posts, the plan is to roll out the upgrade to different markets over the entire week. By the end of next week, everyone should have the update.
--
Dan Della Terza

jwillis00

join:2012-03-08
Warren, MI

Hi dan

Will there be any message on our sets letting us know when we get the update?

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27

said by jwillis00:

Hi dan

LOL, I was just coming here to post the same thing.

bmarineau

join:2012-08-10
reply to WOW_Dan

Great news! Just connected and logged in to VPN over PPTP. Apparently things are working, at least for me. Thanks!

ghgard

@ohioindemnity.com

Same here, guess the update was a success.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
reply to WOW_Dan

Got the update but now have video issues

CableCARD is not validated with the host. Kind of disappointed with this since we can not watch tv now.
I live in Hazel Park Michigan

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to jwillis00

Re: VPN PPTP

said by jwillis00:

Hi dan

There will be no confirmation on your side when the update completes. If you're still having issues on Saturday, then please call customer service and have them check out if all the updates completed for your equipment.
--
Dan Della Terza

FJU

@scansafe.net
reply to jwillis00000

Hey...success in Oakland County, MI. PPTP VPN connection finally worked this morning. A little wonky...I need to double check all of the settings...but I was able to connect. Thanks, WOW.