join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

EarthLink (ELN) vs. RoadRunner (RR) on Time Warner Cable

Hello.

I was reading Consumer Reports' June 2012 magazine issue and noticed it rated ELN rated higher than RR on Time Warner Cable (TWC). #4 versus/vs. #9. I was surprised. Did anyone here have both agrees with this? FYI, these are reader scores.

Thank you in advance.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06

It uses other companies' networks, but is cheaper, what's not to like? (except for the crappy DNS servers)

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Wilsdom:

It uses other companies' networks, but is cheaper, what's not to like? (except for the crappy DNS servers)

Beside the slightly price, is that it? I never my ISPs' DNSes. I use OpenDNS, Google's, etc.

szootman

join:2005-01-14
Milton, MA
reply to antdude

well I am switching my ISP tomorrow. Comcast just sent the appointment reminder email. I can't wait and I am pleased with that happening and also that I do not see any complaints with Earthlink, that looks good. I had Earthlink back in 2000 and it was on a 56K dial up modem. I was very happy with the service and found the customer support to be very good. I had AOL prior and the service was like night and day. everyday AOL use to take control of my computer while I was using it with their resource hogging software. I had a emachine with a pentium 3 500MGz and it use to crash all the time from AOL. windows millennium and AOL were a bad combo. my home page was the blue screen of death.
looking forward to the new service and have everything all ready for him. all he has to do is connect the cable in the cellar to the pole or where ever. My Cisco E1200 N router is downstairs and is broadcasting a signal,my computer picks it up as excellent right now.