Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AnonFTW

@rr.com

Verizon Shared Family Data Plans Revealed

»solutions.vzwshop.com/shareevery···ANRECMND

»solutions.vzwshop.com/shareevery···ails.pdf

The cost savings will be minimal to non-existent unless you have 3 or more phones that use very little data each month.

VZW_NJ

@verizon.net
Very disappointing to see such low amounts of data for so much money. People with unlimited data plans like me will be clinging to their old plans.

Even if you have a modest 4-person family with 4 smartphones using 4GB/mo, you will be paying well over $300/mo, which is just insane.

RenHoek
You Eeeediot
Premium
join:2000-10-02
Peyton, CO
Reviews:
·Skybeam
reply to AnonFTW
Yeah great move VZ, make the data stream 10x faster then cap people a 1GB per month and extort them for more $$$.

I'm a fairly light user of the data on my Nexus and I average about 700MB per month. Mostly for email and navigation.
--
Don't touch that, it's the history eraser button you fool!

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
reply to AnonFTW
Wow, title should be Verizon Sh*tty Family Data Plans Revealed. I can't for the life of me figure how anyone who has to watch their money in any way can afford this. Does Verizon think we are a bunch of Crack (data) addicts that will pay through the teeth?

Did you all notice how they are taking voice and messaging out of the equation? If you have ANY smart phones, you can not get a limited minutes plan. I analyzed my bill (2 smartphones/2 basic) and my bill would go up more than $62 a month for less service (because of caps).

just say no to drugs data!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to AnonFTW
I really don't like the look of these. Everyday im getting a step closer to switching over to Sprint..

sectionsix
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to AnonFTW
Well looks like I wont be switching to VZ ever.

dudfirst

join:2012-06-12
Carlsbad, CA
reply to Jackarino
Same here. I have Verizon too, and I think when I finally move out I might switch to Sprint because of the cost. Verizon just asks for too much money for the same thing we can get with Verizon. On an iPhone it's not like we ever see anything Verizon about it except for the name in the top left. So I think I'll just go with Sprint.
But does Verizon really have better coverage?
--
The ability to make things seem remarkable.

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to AnonFTW
I called this afternoon to see if it is worth my while to do this, we have 2 phones and tablet and a vzw jet pack.

iphone unlimited grandfather
htc thunderbolt 10 gig
samsung galaxy tab 10.1 1 gig
vxw jet pack 5 gig

i was told yes the 10 gig pack is included and you get the mobile hotspot on the phones. I was thinking this sounds good, then she tells me you have to pay a $40 fee per phone plus for each device also you do get the unlimited calling and text on both phones....

so to "save money" i have to pay more i do not see how any one is going to save money, this is retarded. So in essence i pay more for a shared data plan and i was told if i get a new phone i would have to go to this plan... this really sucks as i have all my lines up for renewal between now and the end of the year...

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to AnonFTW
This will really screw me over if I make any changes to my account.
Currently on a 1400 minute shared plan with 2 unlimited smart phones and 1 "dumb" phone with no texting. Total cost before all the BS fees and taxes about $144.00/month. I am on the 1400 minute plan due to some family circumstances that will be changing in December. Problem is that if I keep the 1400 minutes till then, the option to go back to the 700 minute plan that cost $125/month will no longer exist. The new option is outregeous

It Looks like this "new improved" plan would cost me $40+$40(Smart Phone) + $30(basic phone) +$70(4GB data) =$180 Before taxes +BS. if I make any changes in December. This is an increase of $35/month from the current cost or $55 month based on the 700 minute plan. And I would loose my unlimited data.

While unlimited talk and text may be great for some, I do not need it or want to pay for it!

Verizon, take a hike!
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
I've been on Twitter all of this morning chatting with a Verizon rep and apparently the old NationWide plans that we've been using for God knows how long will still be available after all of this goes down and that even if you do upgrade at a subsidized price you will not be forced into a SharedEverything plan. You will have an option to go to one of the more traditional tiered data plans as versus being sucker punched with SharedEverything.

I even asked what happens to new customers, say if I refer a new customer to Verizon. Yes, the old NationWide plans will still exist and that we will have some choice in our plans.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | Galaxy Nexus LiquidSmooth by TeamLiquid

pende_tim
Premium
Andover, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
That is good news! Just hope the rep is really informed as to what will be available after 1 July.

If not available, looks like I will jump to prepaid as contracts expire and phones die.
--

i want fios

join:2012-06-07
Charlotte, TN
reply to AnonFTW
what do you expect its verizon whom now have surpassed att as having the worst customer service they got a pair of visegrips to your balls what you gonna the big bad red verizon comes looking for you

hoyleysox
Premium
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA
reply to AnonFTW
VZW marketing used to justify higher prices by claiming they had the best network. Recently they changed their tune by stating their network can't handle the demand placed by all the unlimited plans....

This suggests that Sprint has a better network because Sprint can handle the traffic. Tell everyone to switch to sprint!

pende_tim
Premium
Andover, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to trparky
said by trparky:

I've been on Twitter all of this morning chatting with a Verizon rep and apparently the old NationWide plans that we've been using for God knows how long will still be available after all of this goes down and that even if you do upgrade at a subsidized price you will not be forced into a SharedEverything plan. You will have an option to go to one of the more traditional tiered data plans as versus being sucker punched with SharedEverything.

I even asked what happens to new customers, say if I refer a new customer to Verizon. Yes, the old NationWide plans will still exist and that we will have some choice in our plans.

Looks like the rep did not have full information.

As of this AM, all that is showing under individual plans on the verizonwireless.com web site are the new "share everything" (as in share all your money with Verizon), 65+ , Nationwide + Canada and Nationwide + Mexico. There are no more of the individual line plans with a finite bucket of minutes.
Verizon just pushed through a major price hike on it's new and renewing customers.
--

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
Reps have been all over the place. One in the store I visited Monday said that I could not upgrade a phone on any of my lines after today without switching to the new plans - which is not true. I had to discuss with 3 other VZW reps before I believed it. With all four lines on my account eligible for upgrades I really needed the right answer. A return visit to the store yesterday got me that. The sharpest rep in the store took me step by step through all possible scenarios for my account. I have preserved my one Unlimited data plan with an order for a new phone yesterday. I can move my other smartphone (Blackberry) on the 150M data-pack to a $30/2G plan when that phone is upgraded and keep my other two basic lines as they are.

In my case, the new plans don't matter - at least until two years from now. Hopefully by then it will turn out to be evident these plans are bad for consumer and company alike, and they will change them to something more reasonable.

pende_tim
Premium
Andover, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to AnonFTW
It appears that the only real value point in these new "share all your money everything " plans is for a dumb phone. If you have a need for a lot of voice minutes and texting, then $30.00/month for unlimited may make sense.

I am assuming that a dumb phone can be activated with out a data plan, of course. If not then there is no future for me with Verizon when my contracts are finished.
--

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
I just checked the Verizon Wireless web site just now and did the calculations. Including discounts, the account price for the four (two smart and two dumb) phones would make the balance go up nearly $21.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be but still... damn, this was not at all meant to help people save some cash.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | Galaxy Nexus LiquidSmooth by TeamLiquid

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
reply to AnonFTW
We just switched our company phones to the shared plan, it'll save us $400 month. Honestly I think you need at least 4 smartphones to save any money IMO.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
said by gdm:

We just switched our company phones to the shared plan, it'll save us $400 month. Honestly I think you need at least 4 smartphones to save any money IMO.

How much data?
--
Tom

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
We did 20GB for 9 smart phones and 1 iPad. We are averaging about 6GB without the iPad. $50 more to go from 10GB to 20GB