Search similar:

uniqs

SysOp
join:2001-04-18
Atlanta, GA

4 edits

SysOp

Where are the savings?

I don't think this is designed to save anyone money.

Family's are going to be in for a wake up call when they get the bill for overages. Individuals are going to look elsewhere for service.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

said by SysOp:

That's the point, Verizon Wireless doesn't think you or anyone else is paying them enough.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to SysOp

to SysOp
said by SysOp:

Family's are going to be in for a wake up call when they get the bill for overages. Individuals are going to look elsewhere for service.

their aint any, and at&t will follow suite... they want you to pay 500 a month for this crap, which no one in their right mind (unless they have a bunch of money) will pay for it, its way easyer to shut the cell phones off completely and go with home phone, the companys dont want that but they sure are pushing the middle and lower classes with these prices
armed
join:2000-10-20

armed to Sammer

to Sammer
It saves me $30/mo with 4 smartphones. YMMV
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to SysOp

Premium Member

to SysOp
This will ultimately backfire on the carriers in a big way, I predict.

In the current scheme of things, a minute is something a user can absolutely measure.. it's simple enough to look at their call indicator, their watch, the clock on the wall, etc. and realize how long they've been on the phone.

Now comes the scheme of billing by the byte. While it's great to place usage meters for the end user, the use of data doesn't get realized AS the data is being used, rather after.. we all know this. My point is that it can't be measured by the end user like a minute of time can be.

But where Verizon's huge fail is in all of this resides in the fact that people never asked for this pile of horse crap they're pushing on people, they just wanted to be able to use the data buckets they already paid for. The carriers created their own mess when they decided to start putting data into buckets... at that point the people decided that they wanted to consume their data as they pleased. We all know AT&T charged a fee JUST to access the data by a computer as a hotspot. That was a move that made no sense. Verizon's crap-pie is that they went overboard by forcing users into a completely new billing scheme that will actually raise more users' bills than anything - a massive rate hike and they know it.

$40 a month for unlimited talk and data when they admit that more people are moving away from that is stupid. Seems to me that this was the mistake... should be more like $9.99 a month and maybe 200 minutes.. make unlimited voice a $20 add on, it's all it's worth. Data should be by the byte in buckets but $50 for 1gb? that's robbery.. that just demonstrated an INCREDIBLE price hike per byte. $50 used to get unlimited, then 5GB, not it's only 1GB..

This isn't an honest shift.. they just majorly raised the price of data is all.

By the way, this blog fails to mention that those on current plans can only keep their plans at the next phone purchase if they pay full price for the phone.. and we all know most people won't pay $600 for an iPhone... besides, it's only a matter of time before these companies not only charge full price for the phone promising to be grandfathered, but will erode the unlimited "what ever" shortly after.. just think AT&T who promised a grandfathered unlimited data right before the new iphone came out only to sign up millions in a new 2 year contract and shortly after THROTTLE the unlimited to the (shocked look) SAME 2GB tiered plan that us people were trying to avoid.

ass-hats.. all of them

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

said by fiberguy2:

By the way, this blog fails to mention that those on current plans can only keep their plans at the next phone purchase if they pay full price for the phone..

And the customer gets screwed there too. If you BYOD, cheaper plans should be available since they're not SUBSIDIZING your phone.