MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to Os

MVM

to Os

Re: Careful, Verizon

said by Os:

The price gap between the MVNO's and the contracts is growing with all your overage fees.

Soon, what advantage is there going to be to sign your life away to these guys? Just to get gouged?

Something needs to be done. Obviously MVNOs need to go out of business, be acquired, or otherwise cease to exist. Or at least have to pay as much if not more then what it costs to have plans with the real network operators. It's just not fair to the network operators...they should have a right to make a as much profit as they can with minimal competition, let alone on the very same network.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

You're right that it's unfair to the legacy network builders, but they also somewhere along the way agreed to allow these MVNO's use of those networks.

If that's the case, then that egg is on Verizon and Sprint's face. I'm assuming they're making plenty from those MVNO deals, otherwise they wouldn't be doing them. There's no incentive for them to burden their network with more subscribers at a lower cost if they weren't getting plenty for it.

Punitively going after the MVNO's isn't going to help the problem that this is an industry whose pricing far exceeds inflation, maybe even moreso than the ever-rising cable bill. They seem to think they can just get away with runaway growth forever, see how that worked for the cable companies.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

cdru

MVM

Check the batteries in your sarcasm detector. I think they may be dead.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

They won't get rid of the MVNOs because they provide the illusion of competition. It's better to let the MVNOs skim a bit off the top than face being classified as a monopoly and then be told how much profit you can make.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to cdru

to cdru
Now now, there's enough shills trolling around here that I thought it might have been possible.