All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tom thomas
join:2010-11-04

tom thomas

don't tie this to device type and we need bigger buckets(wit

what about bigger buckets of data. for a bunch of devices 10GB may not be enough. how about 25GB or 50Gb buckets.

also i thought Verizon lte cards could be freely moved between devices, so why the distinction between phone, tablet, usb , mifi?

why not one price for a sim with voice/text and another for data only? the device it goes in is for the user to worry about not verizon.
bnceo
join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD

bnceo

And the sim talk is exactly why Verizon can't do it like that. Lot of their stuff uses CDMA and that's not sim tech.

Overall, the $ per device per month is the killer.

Windupbird
@verizon.net

Windupbird

Anon

"Overall, the $ per device per month is the killer."

Absolutely agreed.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

1 recommendation

rradina to tom thomas

to tom thomas
They don't want to price bigger buckets. Remember, 25 years ago these same "thinkers" never wanted unlimited long distance or even plans that reduced the per-minute charges. They wanted every long distance call to be completely UBB and high per month charges just to have dial tone. The data bucket is the new dial tone charge and the overage fees are the new long-distance UBB.

Mind you, I certainly don't want to deny these operators their privilege to make as much profit as possible -- in a competitive environment. I just don't think what we have today is competitive. What we have today is unchecked greed.

For instance, take FIOS. It's all-around a great thing to get the nation wired with last-mile fiber and there's money to be made. However, in today's investment environment, everyone is looking for get-rich-quick returns and it isn't good enough to make 10%, they want 20%, 30%, 50%. If that sound like Vegas or a local pawn shop, you have my opinion.