Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

3 edits

1 recommendation

Data is too expensive

Previously we were adding secondary lines for $10-ish, and adding $30-ish data plans to them.

Under this scheme/scam we're still adding them at $40, but need to add on data, and the data is extremely expensive.

I currently pay AT&T $110 for two unlimited iPhones, 200 texts each, and shared 550 minute plan. Under this plan, the minimum is $130 (40+40+50) and I only get 500mb per phone. I'd get unlimited minutes and unlimited text, but I don't use all those things anyway on my current plan.

It might be more palatable if they were including more GBs at each price point. $30 for 2GB would have been a more reasonable place to start (that is, after all, what they charge for my iPad), but even that's pushing it with those massive "base" charges.

Also, I'd like to get some justification on why a notebook/netbook is an additional $10 vs. a tablet.

--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by djrobx:

Previously we were adding secondary lines for $10-ish, and adding $30-ish data plans to them.

Under this scheme/scam we're still adding them at $40, but need to add on data, and the data is extremely expensive.

Or if you're on Sprint (I'm on VZW), you're adding secondary lines for $20 that include the unlimited data.