uniqs

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

God damn! This is highway robbery at gunpoint!

Just I just took a look at the new data plan prices that Verizon is putting forth.

Get this... $40 per smartphone, $30 per dumb phone. For my family there are two smartphones and two dumb phones. That would be $140 total just for the phones! We're not even talking about data pricing yet! The screwing doesn't stop there!

So here is the pricing. $50 for 1 GB. $60 for 2 GBs. $70 for 4 GBs. $80 for 6 GBs. $90 for 8 GBs. $100 for 10 GBs. Yep... ultimate screwage!

So let's take the $140 total from above and add a useful amount of data. So that means another $80 on top of the $140. That's $220! And we're not even talking about insurance on the phones and that's about $12 per phone per month! And all of the fees, unfees, taxes, and under the line costs!

We're talking almost $260 here! That's a f**king car payment right there! F**K YOU VERIZON! F**K YOU WITH A RUSTY PITCHFORK!
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

I am on Sprint with 3 smartphones. I pay $180 and some change for unlimited everything (with their limited restrictions of course).

I recently shopped AT&T and Verizon and to get a comparable plan it would have cost me around $324 for both AT&T and Verizon (AT&T was actually a penny more).

Analyzing this shows that with Sprint I have unlimited calling and messaging with 5GB per phone for a total of 15GB. That same plan on VW would cost $120 for phones and $175 for data (10GB + 5GB in overages) for a total of $295. Adding on the insurance which I always do for the first year and I would be paying about $5 more per month before all the addon fees and taxes than I would have if I switched 2 months ago.

Long story short, nothing has really gotten cheaper. They have just moved the ball under another shell.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M

said by Skippy25:

I am on Sprint with 3 smartphones. I pay $180 and some change for unlimited everything (with their limited restrictions of course).

I recently shopped AT&T and Verizon and to get a comparable plan it would have cost me around $324 for both AT&T and Verizon (AT&T was actually a penny more).

Analyzing this shows that with Sprint I have unlimited calling and messaging with 5GB per phone for a total of 15GB. That same plan on VW would cost $120 for phones and $175 for data (10GB + 5GB in overages) for a total of $295. Adding on the insurance which I always do for the first year and I would be paying about $5 more per month before all the addon fees and taxes than I would have if I switched 2 months ago.

Long story short, nothing has really gotten cheaper. They have just moved the ball under another shell.

only one thats comparable to sprints usage is t-mobile, they offer a 5gb on one line, with their family plan and say 4 smartphones under seperate 5gb would be 259 so in a since t-mobile and sprint will start to get alot more customers, verizon just screwed them selves, AT&T is sure to follow