J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to aereolis

Premium Member

to aereolis

Re: [TV] What can be causing pixelation on *some* channels.

said by aereolis:

Did you install the splitter yourself? Or rogers supplied? Often in many cases amplifiers are installed unnecessarily when there are other problems, hoping that they will fix the issue, when in fact they do nothing or exasperate the issue.
The other thing it could be is the box. What type is it? 8642, 4642, 4250, 3250, 8300? If it's a cisco (8642/4642) much less likely the box but still possible.
You can swap out at a rogers plus store, knowing that if it's a pvr you can't keep your recordings unless you save to external device.

Rogers did all the work. Unknown if I still need the amp.

I have two different boxes, the HD Cisco and the SD Scientific Atlanta, or whatever it was..both had issues...I rarely use the one downstairs so I never really checked it out too much.

Anyway, seems like the culprit might have been the DECT 6.0 wireless phones that I had. Really not sure why it would be the issue, but the other poster told me about it, I removed offending devices, everything is back. The DECT isn't the primary phone, so I will be only used when necessary now. (the base is still plugged in, but not to the electrical -- so no wireless transmission and no speakerphone)

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar

Anon

Are you kidding me? There is basically only one thing that causes pixelation that of course is low signal strength. Rogers is synonymous with low signal strength so much so that i've even seen pixelation on channels where there's no splitter just a direct line to one television set. Try it yourself use a direct line to one television set with a short RG-6 cable and presto still pixelation.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

Long drops might be the real cause of your issue. If roger were to make shorter drops then they would need to add new taps and amplifiers on people's front yard and in turn people would whine and complain. So I guess rogers just doesn't want to deal with it but they do know what the problem is. Another reason why we need aerial drops.